Jadon Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.
The idea that they only make cameos when 5,6,7 goals ahead is complete bullshit.

the idea they can play league football all season in the same training system and coaches and then be freely available for the first team isn't bullshit, Pep doesn't have the luxury of Maffeo playing in the championship under say arteta, calling him up for stoke at home then sending him back. that's the killer compared to barca, people don't seem to appreciate what a game changer that is

The thing that just surprises me so much about this whole situation is how he is actually acting. If you're homesick and you don't think you have a pathway to the first team, alright, if that's really what you think then so be it. But to ignore the club contacting you, publicly deleting pictures of you for the club, and leaving the city altogether are just very unprofessional acts. I understand the lad is young, but he has a lot of maturing to do if he wants to make it at the top.

The idea that they only make cameos when 5,6,7 goals ahead is complete bullshit.

the idea they can play league football all season in the same training system and coaches and then be freely available for the first team isn't bullshit, Pep doesn't have the luxury of Maffeo playing in the championship under say arteta, calling him up for stoke at home then sending him back. that's the killer compared to barca, people don't seem to appreciate what a game changer that is

Indeed it is. Not only that, a huge difference is being able to start them in the Barcelona B team, which plays in the Spanish equivalent of the championship and has done so in every season bar one, since being founded, in 1970. Imagine Sancho, Toisin et al, plying their trade in the championship and then, if they're good enough, joining the first team squad. Now that would be a game changer..

Indeed it is. Not only that, a huge difference is being able to start them in the Barcelona B team, which plays in the Spanish equivalent of the championship and has done so in every season bar one, since being founded, in 1970. Imagine Sancho, Toisin et al, plying their trade in the championship and then, if they're good enough, joining the first team squad. Now that would be a game changer..

It's more bullshit though, because the level they play it is closer to the conference.

It's more bullshit though, because the level they play it is closer to the conference.

To be fair, a competitive conference level against men is still fucking miles better than playing kids in the Premier League 2 which is a total and utter sham in terms of actual intensity/meaning anything.

prodigy
ˈprɒdɪdʒi/
noun
noun: prodigy; plural noun: prodigies
a young person with exceptional qualities or abilities.

There are over 2.5 million kids play football in England.

If being player at Manchester City, isn't a prodigy, then I don't know what is.

Then:
Jadon Sancho has won the prestigious Golden Player award at the UEFA European Under-17 Championships after a stunning tournament with England.

The Manchester City winger was directly involved in 10 of the Three Lions' 15 goals as they reached the final in Croatia.

Which means he's not just a prodigy, but a prodigy amongst prodigies, (including Foden, who didn't win it).

The way we devalue our kids compared to other teams such as the rags, is imo, part of the problem why we never see any. It's easy to get away with not picking them, as nobody cares anymore.

Like"legend," the word is thrown around too much and inflates people's sense of self. If he was a prodigy in the order of football prodigies, he would be playing first team football already. Look at Mbappe, or maybe even Rooney back in the day. In English football, a prodigy is someone who is playing first team football as a teenager. This kid has all the tools to be a great player....except maybe one, the head needed to keep the feet on the ground!

He has sparkled as a kid, because we all oooo and aaaah over a stepover, a bit of dribbling and anyone with a bit of flash. One wonders why we don't just sign up those professional kids who tour the world showing off their tekkers!!

All I'm saying is IF eh breaks into the first team, plays regularly, and can do the business at THAT level, then I might call him a prodigy. For now, he is a kid with some "mad skillz" as the kids say, but I have yet to see him perform week in week out at the top level. Show me that and I will grant you his prodigy status. Maybe you go by the broad definition in a dictionary, but I go by the accomplishments of the player and the age at which he asserts himself on the top stage. Given your definition, every single EDS player is a fucking prodigy!!!

Like"legend," the word is thrown around too much and inflates people's sense of self. If he was a prodigy in the order of football prodigies, he would be playing first team football already. Look at Mbappe, or maybe even Rooney back in the day. In English football, a prodigy is someone who is playing first team football as a teenager. This kid has all the tools to be a great player....except maybe one, the head needed to keep the feet on the ground!

He has sparkled as a kid, because we all oooo and aaaah over a stepover, a bit of dribbling and anyone with a bit of flash. One wonders why we don't just sign up those professional kids who tour the world showing off their tekkers!!

All I'm saying is IF eh breaks into the first team, plays regularly, and can do the business at THAT level, then I might call him a prodigy. For now, he is a kid with some "mad skillz" as the kids say, but I have yet to see him perform week in week out at the top level. Show me that and I will grant you his prodigy status. Maybe you go by the broad definition in a dictionary, but I go by the accomplishments of the player and the age at which he asserts himself on the top stage. Given your definition, every single EDS player is a fucking prodigy!!!

Nah Sancho is a prodigy for his level - it's all relative. Of course he is. He's just won player of the tournament at the u17s Euros ahead of any of the spanish players who beat England in the final. Literally singled out as the best player at the tournament, and he deserved it
You're trying too hard here. Every club in the world worth anything is looking at him and that's not bullshit.

NK's definition included the caveat mentioned above which rule out every other EDS player. So it doesnt fit them all.

Standing still, as in all of our academy kids who have watched others, at other clubs, some merely average, go straight past them, whilst they have been at the same level two years later.

Or others who have been sent on loan to prove themselves, done really well & not even been given 5 minutes, that's FIVE MINUTES, in City's first team.

That, to a talented kid in any walk of life, is horrible.

It needs to change.
Mate,

We are talking about one of the top 10 teams in Europe and 11 players on the field at any given time in the most difficult league in the world. This is not "Equality Street," it is dog eat dog, only the strong survive, survival of the fittest shit! Look at Pep, the best coach in the world, but because we played some fantastic football and won nothing last season, tons of pressure this season and spent hundreds of millions to improve the team with world class talent....and you're whining that a pouty teenager did get some game time?

This is a sport that has become big business. If any young kid wants the "glory" of kitting up every weekend and playing in front of people, they can do that almost anywhere. However, if you want to compete with some of th best players the world has produced in the past 20 years, then hide your time, do the business day in day out and you MIGHT get a chance to show the world what they have been missing. Having a strop with the best coach in the world, run by the best owner in the world, is tantamount to needing a slap! Buckle down, do the business and anyone would be crazy to not give your talent a showcase. But his is the real world, where 17 yr olds and their bullshit hormaonal tirades get laughed at and they get shipped out to somewhere where they will suck it up to have you. There was a reason Fergie was the best manager in the world for two decades...he didn't bear fools easily, and he barely bore stars who spoke out of turn. Pep is just as ruthless, albeit while smiling and saying nice things about the person. Nobody should be left in any doubt who will decide if Sancho or any other kid is good enough to make the first team. You have to impress ONE PERSON, and we already know what you have to do to impress him: be at your ideal weight, be able to play the high press, have th technical ability to see space, use it and exploit it, and t have the technical skills to do it all at 100mph. It is a high hurdle, and if Pep doesn't see it in training, you won't get a sniff of a seat in the dressing room...no matter who you are! Simples.

So, ball in your court, youngsters! Let's see what you've got!

Nah Sancho is a prodigy for his level - it's all relative. Of course he is. He's just won player of the tournament at the u17s Euros ahead of any of the spanish players who beat England in the final. Literally singled out as the best player at the tournament, and he deserved it
You're trying too hard here. Every club in the world worth anything is looking at him and that's not bullshit.

NK's definition included the caveat mentioned above which rule out every other EDS player. So it doesnt fit them all.
He is a top player in his age group, no doubt, but that age group isn't the "sweet spot" for the Premier League, unless you are absolutely exceptional. We look at players this age all the time, because they fund the academies! Bring them in, nurture them, try to develop them and, if they are good, but not good enough, when they get to maturity, you sell them on to the second tier clubs that need well trained, well coached talent that has been nurtured with a good work ethic. That keeps the electric on AND, it is hoped, will provide one or two First team members that will save you £50-100M one day!

Denayer plays for his country. Mangala plays for his country. Nasri has lots of medals in his closet. These are players who have done it, and in some cases been bought and sold for tens of millions...but they are not considered good enough for this team!!! Yes, I understand th need to nurture tomorrow's players, but to suggest that simply because some of them have not got 5 mins on the field at the Etihad in front of 50,000 fans that they are being harmed is nonsense. It is a process, and at every step of that process, their pulse is being taken. Do they know how to travel, do they fit in, do they understand their responsibilities, etc, and to, etc...it is not only about time onnth field at this age! I traveled to an international tournament with Leeds United Youth Team back in the day. While we were on the road, all the above was stressed and you could see that some people (not "players") were simply immature idiots. Everyone could see it. They didn't show up in the suit provided. They didn't wear their tie. They swore in public. They were disrespectful of others, because they thought that they were the big I am, etc, etc...all before ever kicking a ball! So, you have to be the complete package before you can be considered to be mature enough for the top flaight. It is only once you are there're, doing the business, that the bullshit is considered somewhat acceptable, and even then, at City today, that is STILL unacceptable. Just look at the "black boot policy." It is baked in!

Tell me a City player who is constantly making tabloid news (other than Sterling, who is the player the media loves to hate!). It is verboten at City. Pep doesn't want it, but he treats the players like adults, probably because he was a player and an adult back in the day. Sex the night before a game? Yes, please, I want my players happy! Perfect answer!! However, embarrass Sheikh Mansour or Khladoon or Pep and you are very thin ice, if not neck deep and calling for help!

These are all things that are integral to a players development. I think that part of this equation has been overlooked. Pep is not going to be leveraged. You either want it or you don't. If you don't, then fuck off and we will do just fine without you. However, if you do, the clubs aim is to be at the pinnacle of European football. If that doesn't give any player a chubby, nothing will!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.