Jadon Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well said NN.
Its a shame we even have to be talking in terms of the "rescue" of the situation, as there has been ample opportunity, time and again ,for youngsters to be given first team opportunities, as you say ,the academy was in full swing before we even moved grounds.
Manchester City need to get a grip.now.

It's no problem to do it this season. Just give one of the stars a day off when you aren't planning to use him instead of having 7 galacticos on the bench. Use a kid later 2nd half if possible.

Following season, our rep is great.

Messi played a grand total of 239 minutes (9 apps) when he was 17. Tosin got exactly half as many minutes as Messi there last season. My point is why do you leave the club when the best manager in the world that has been known to promote academy players just arrived? The only reason he'd leave is if he doesn't think he's good enough to compete with the players. He sees Sterling, Sane, Jesus, and thought fuck me im shit and wont be able to get in front of them and I better get out of here.

Messi played double figures at 18.

I recon Fabien Delph has played more mins in the Prem than our entire academy put together, since Mancini arrved.

Am I wrong ?

Of course he was Messi.

He just wasn't Messi aged 25.

And he was getting games. None of our kids would complain getting half the games Messi did.

A few cameo appearences at 17 well into double figures at 18, would probably keep.4 or 5 of our kids happy shared between them.

It's more than about 50 of them have got in the past 7 years.
Not one player from the fabled La Masia, in the current squad, is under the age of 23 and that's Denis Suarez. They had a very unusual set of circumstances with Messi, Iniesta, Xavi and the like, a bit like the rags in the 90's. Everyone keeps talking about it because it happens so rarely.
Like you, I would like nothing better than seeing a few of the academy players integrated into the squad but, first and foremost, we've got to be challenging every season. Once that is happening the pressure to keep buying 'off the peg' should hopefully, be reduced.

Not one player from the fabled La Masia, in the current squad, is under the age of 23 and that's Denis Suarez. They had a very unusual set of circumstances with Messi, Iniesta, Xavi and the like, a bit like the rags in the 90's. Everyone keeps talking about it because it happens so rarely.
Like you, I would like nothing better than seeing a few of the academy players integrated into the squad but, first and foremost, we've got to be challenging every season. Once that is happening the pressure to keep buying 'off the peg' should hopefully, be reduced.

That's their problem.

I doubt it too. But they might next season when those kids are older.

We have a record of having loads of talent & not using them.

It needs to change.

Guess you could also say we might use all 3 youngsters this year & next year so it's all guesswork & from Jadon's point of view - not worth leaving when he's been offered a super contract & has as much chance playing for us as any of the top teams such as Spurs Arsenal or Chelski

Guess you could also say we might use all 3 youngsters this year & next year so it's all guesswork & from Jadon's point of view - not worth leaving when he's been offered a super contract & has as much chance playing for us as any of the top teams such as Spurs Arsenal or Chelski

We might do, but our record since Mancini, with some of the best young talent around, has been shocking & we are now being targeted as a possible source of players for other clubs.

It needs to change.

Maybe Guardiola hoped they would do a little better when they played Chelsea in the final. Sancho, Foden, Brahim and Nmecha all played and it was men against boys. Why, 4 months later, would they be ready for the first team?

They wouldn't.

None would. They are ready to be used occasionally as subs rather than left to rot for years & turning to shit, like 99% of our academy for the past 7 years or so.

We might do, but our record since Mancini, with some of the best young talent around, has been shocking & we are now being targeted as a possible source of players for other clubs.

It needs to change.

Well Pep is renown for having a young team & he's done more than the previous managers to bring them into the squad. With his reputation, I wouldn't have burnt my boat as quickly as Jadon seems to have done. He could have afforded to wait a year to give Pep a chance & then he might be justified in moving on at the great age of 18 - £30000 better off

Well Pep is renown for having a young team & he's done more than the previous managers to bring them into the squad. With his reputation, I wouldn't have burnt my boat as quickly as Jadon seems to have done. He could have afforded to wait a year to give Pep a chance & then he might be justified in moving on at the great age of 18 - £30000 better off

But maybe he thinks he has a better chance elsewhere.

If we rebuild our reputation for using young players, under Pep, then players like Sancho won't even consider leaving. All it needs is a few to get on late in games, here & there & it's solved.

And chances are one of the kids will crack it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.