Jadon Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope his situation can be solved. Clear path for him into the first team now:

Two senior strikers. 60 games next season. Aguero entering last 2 years of his contract.

The issue is the senior players don't have to impress, just coast along. It's shitty, but it is what it is.

Well it shouldn't be.

If the senior players are allowed to miss open nets & give the ball away without being written off as not good enough, in the assumption they will get better, the kids should have the same leeway, it's far more difficult for them, than it is the seniors, who are used to playing that level.

There is no reason why a kid should be judged more harshly than seasoned pros & indeed that was never the case in the past, it was the opposite, & kids were allowed more leeway to make mistakes, without it being assumed that meant they would always make them.

If Jesus had been an academy kid the same age, his pre season finishing would have him written off, on here.

Well it shouldn't be.

If the senior players are allowed to miss open nets & give the ball away without being written off as not good enough, in the assumption they will get better, the kids should have the same leeway, it's far more difficult for them, than it is the seniors, who are used to playing that level.

There is no reason why a kid should be judged more harshly than seasoned pros & indeed that was never the case in the past, it was the opposite, & kids were allowed more leeway to make mistakes, without it being assumed that meant they would always make them.

If Jesus had been an academy kid the same age, his pre season finishing would have him written off, on here.

In the Premiership age (& thus strength & build) are important. The club has to balance the need to win v blooding youngsters. I see rags have let yet another super duper prospective go out on loan - Timothy double- barrelled name. Why aren't they playing him to send out this "right" message to their academy? They try & kid everyone that they've given kids a chance such as Lingard but he's 24 not 16 going on 17. Rashford was 19 going on 20. Our aim is to win trophies & hopefully the likes of Foden are being given EXPERIENCE but Jadon needs to be patient if he wants success at a big club. He won't get in any top 6 sides yet so I guess he could lower his sights & go back to Watford. Cowardly way out. To be successful you have to have guts & strength of mind to fight & keep going & prove yourself. Has Jadon got this or does he just want an easy ride. Jesus wasn't in any top team when he was 16. He was getting experience.

In the Premiership age (& thus strength & build) are important. The club has to balance the need to win v blooding youngsters. I see rags have let yet another super duper prospective go out on loan - Timothy double- barrelled name. Why aren't they playing him to send out this "right" message to their academy? They try & kid everyone that they've given kids a chance such as Lingard but he's 24 not 16 going on 17. Rashford was 19 going on 20. Our aim is to win trophies & hopefully the likes of Foden are being given EXPERIENCE but Jadon needs to be patient if he wants success at a big club. He won't get in any top 6 sides yet so I guess he could lower his sights & go back to Watford. Cowardly way out. To be successful you have to have guts & strength of mind to fight & keep going & prove yourself. Has Jadon got this or does he just want an easy ride. Jesus wasn't in any top team when he was 16. He was getting experience.

All very good but EXPERIENCE is exactly what people such as myself have been asking for NOT FOR THE KIDS TO START GAMES.

But no way should kids be expected to produce higher standards than squad players at City, which is absolutely the requirement of many posters on here.

'We can't RISK 'x' for 10 minutes on the wing off the bench, the games are too important'.

Meanwhile we pick Kolarov at cb against Vardy.

THAT is the risk, not Sancho or Diaz getting 10 mins here & there, which is all they need for now.

All very good but EXPERIENCE is exactly what people such as myself have been asking for NOT FOR THE KIDS TO START GAMES.

But no way should kids be expected to produce higher standards than squad players at City, which is absolutely the requirement of many posters on here.

'We can't RISK 'x' for 10 minutes on the wing off the bench, the games are too important'.

Meanwhile we pick Kolarov at cb against Vardy.

THAT is the risk, not Sancho or Diaz getting 10 mins here & there, which is all they need for now.

I think Foden & Diaz will get those 10 minutes to which you refer. Jadon hasn't got the fight. Wants it on a plate by the sounds of it. But hey ho. What do we know?? None of us know what happens in the privacy of the club & I have to believe they have good reason for any action. I'm not a Kolorov fan but last season he deserved his place & ludicrous to suggest any 16/17 year old could have displaced him

If Sancho wanted an easy ride he would have signed the £30k a week contract we offered him months ago. Was Pique a coward for going back to Barcelona because he didn't see himself displacing Rio or Vidic from the Utd starting XI?

If Sancho wanted an easy ride he would have signed the £30k a week contract we offered him months ago. Was Pique a coward for going back to Barcelona because he didn't see himself displacing Rio or Vidic from the Utd starting XI?

That was an upgrade surely!!!!

That was an upgrade surely!!!!

At the time he moved Barca hadn't won anything except their Charity Shield equivalent for 2 years whereas United had won consecutive league titles and the Champions League in the same time.

Certainly no different from Sancho moving from us to Arsenal as has been mooted.

I think Foden & Diaz will get those 10 minutes to which you refer. Jadon hasn't got the fight. Wants it on a plate by the sounds of it. But hey ho. What do we know?? None of us know what happens in the privacy of the club & I have to believe they have good reason for any action. I'm not a Kolorov fan but last season he deserved his place & ludicrous to suggest any 16/17 year old could have displaced him

Again, it seems that a simple point, in this part of the forum, needs repeating over & over.

I am not suggesting replacing Kolarov with a 17 year old, indeed I SPELLED OUT IN CAPITAL LETTERS THAT I WAS NOT TALKING ABOUT KIDS STARTING GAMES.

I am (once again with great difficulty) trying to make the point that our first team squad is OFTEN half filled with players filling in positions who are most definitely a RISK, or not 'good enough' all the criticisms that are levelled at kids.

Yet playing Kolarov for 20 games at cb, a position where one mistake maybe costs us the game is considered routine, but giving Brandon Barker ten minutes off the bench as a winger v Bournemouth etc is considered by many on here, to be some sort of title threatening move.

It's bollocks.

The biggest 'risks' we have been taking year after year, is playing inferior squad players as key starting members of the team or important subs & far outweighs any 'risk' it would have been, to give a kid ten minutes out wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.