Jadon Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Pellegrini's case, most definitely.

But if you think 25 mins of Demichelis in midfield at 3-0 up, is good management, then I'm sure you'll disagree.

Wholeheartedly agree. It's not about filling the team full of inexperienced kids but allowing them the chance to shine and we've had dozens of opportunities over the last 3 to 4 years when we could have let them have 10-15 minutes and chose instead to simply keep the "squad" happy. I'm struggling to think of a time when we were coasting and the game was dying a little when I thought " I hope they bring Navas, Fernando or Delph on. That will liven it up".

We can bang on about how it's important to manage a squad of highly paid individuals but we then can't moan when a talented kid sees little opportunity for himself and chooses to move on instead.

I accept this is a more general point than specifically about Sancho but I, like everyone else on here is simply guessing at his motivation and I would prefer to believe that it's more about opportunity than money, in view on what we believe is on the table from City.

Wholeheartedly agree. It's not about filling the team full of inexperienced kids but allowing them the chance to shine and we've had dozens of opportunities over the last 3 to 4 years when we could have let them have 10-15 minutes and chose instead to simply keep the "squad" happy. I'm struggling to think of a time when we were coasting and the game was dying a little when I thought " I hope they bring Navas, Fernando or Delph on. That will liven it up".

We can bang on about how it's important to manage a squad of highly paid individuals but we then can't moan when a talented kid sees little opportunity for himself and chooses to move on instead.

I accept this is a more general point than specifically about Sancho but I, like everyone else on here is simply guessing at his motivation and I would prefer to believe that it's more about opportunity than money, in view on what we believe is on the table from City.

Whatever the reason, if our pulling power was as good & our situation as comfortable as many on here suggsst, we wouldn't have to fight to keep these kids, they would be desperate to stay.

There was yet another thread on the main forum, mentioning a piece on the radio, full of rag infestation, targeting our academy.

I don't actually hate to say 'I told you so' to some of the blasé characters on here, who are matching rags for arrogance in the way they think we can do exactly what the fuck we want & still come out smelling of roses, because we have some shiny new buildings at the academy & we don't have to worry about giving kids incentives, they will crawl over broken glass just to sit in our academy changing rooms.

Well they won't & we are under the predicted attack from our bitter enemy & others.

A few subs games from Foden etc a few more nice words from Pep, & the problem largely goes away. It really is that easy.

And it's an absolute scandal that people such as Pellegrini, let it become a problem.

Whatever the reason, if our pulling power was as good & our situation as comfortable as many on here suggsst, we wouldn't have to fight to keep these kids, they would be desperate to stay.

There was yet another thread on the main forum, mentioning a piece on the radio, full of rag infestation, targeting our academy.

I don't actually hate to say 'I told you so' to some of the blasé characters on here, who are matching rags for arrogance in the way they think we can do exactly what the fuck we want & still come out smelling of roses, because we have some shiny new buildings at the academy & we don't have to worry about giving kids incentives, they will crawl over broken glass just to sit in our academy changing rooms.

Well they won't & we are under the predicted attack from our bitter enemy & others.

A few subs games from Foden etc a few more nice words from Pep, & the problem largely goes away. It really is that easy.

And it's an absolute scandal that people such as Pellegrini, let it become a problem.

Pelegrín gets too much stick. The squad was massive. He was under pressure. He did no worse than previous managers. The best opportunity is now. Our squad is small yet strong. Let tosin, brahim and foden fill the gaps. If we kept kolarov and could snag Sanchez/Mbappe that would've been a complete squad

s

In every industry there are companies that are viewed as excellent training grounds but aren't the place to stay when you grow up, either because the wages stay low or opportunities to develop beyond a certain level are limited. When I worked in insurance in the 80s and 90s, it used to be CIS in Manchester and they seemed happy to train and then lose people to keep their overall costs low.

I refuse to believe that for those that have the talent and desire to be part of City's future, money will be the reason for leaving. It will almost always only be be down to the lack of opportunity, whether that is real of perceived. There simply has to be a path into the first team to keep the better youngsters.

You make it sound as though 'keeping the squad happy' was a trifling irrelevance. So what do you do when, given your reliance on said squad, fringe players such as Navas, Fernando et al, start beating a path to your door wanting to leave cos their match day opportunities are impacted by a couple of kids filling bench spots every week? The truth probably lies somewhere in between, and as an aside our absolutely relentless stinking luck with cup draws hasn't helped our cause any

He may not want immediate first team football. I doubt any Premier League team would give him assurances of immediate minutes.

However, Arsenal have a far better recent history of bringing through young players than we do - Iwobi, Coquelin, Bellerin, Reine-Adelaide, Maitland-Niles, Zelalem, Willock and Akpom all came through their youth system and got minutes last season.

He probably sees a better and quicker path to the first team there than he does here.

I'll be honest - not heard of some of them. How old were they when they got minutes last season & how long/often did they play?

You make it sound as if they're queuing up to leave. On the contrary I think. Although we have, indeed, let some go - for good reason I suspect and I doubt the ones we have let go will have made it since at Chelsea or Arsenal!

If he does go there, I reckon his name'll be on the team sheet before it's on his shirt.

They wouldn't be able to resist the temptation of making some kind of childish point.

Quite. They need to get in top 4 this year & no kids will get a chance

I'll be honest - not heard of some of them. How old were they when they got minutes last season & how long/often did they play?

CBA looking in detail (unless you're desperate) but the latter 5 were 18-21 and got minutes/games in cups. They are nobodies at the moment, but a very talented 16/17 year old in Arsenal's academy will see that he's likely to get a shot in a few seasons and the former 3 show that he can become a semi-regular if he impresses.

We, at City, are utterly shit at that first step of giving good academy players the odd minute here or there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.