Jadon Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't see it, he is bound for the Rags

I personally don't think the club will want to take him back, think he made it quite clear he wasn't staying and the club accepted a bid they probably weren't too happy with at the time (speculating here, but the club had already said they wanted him to join the first team alongside Foden and Diaz so obviously had things planned)

Think he is well worth the €90mil, think he's a star and arguably just as talented as Phil

But don't think he fits our profile or our needs

He is already on about £190k a week, so will (likely) want around £300k a week for his FIRST contract....and you can argue he's worth £300k more than Sterling was but sterling has been with us for 6 years, where he's been a key player for us, and didn't start on that kinda money

Personally, we have 3 world class wingers in Foden, Mahrez and Sterling already here, with Torres here as well....but I'd much rather we gave Palmer a chance, he isn't as talented as Sancho but really feel like he can be Mahrez successor

Also, I'm a bit worried about Bundesliga players and how they will do, attacking stats always seem super inflated when these players make the move (a reason I'm worried about Haaland)

Werner, Haller, Havertz (who's done ok but nothing compared to his numbers last year), Jovic etc. are all players who have set the Bundesliga alight then struggled once they moved

Also, I'm a bit worried about Bundesliga players and how they will do, attacking stats always seem super inflated when these players make the move (a reason I'm worried about Haaland)

Werner, Haller, Havertz (who's done ok but nothing compared to his numbers last year), Jovic etc. are all players who have set the Bundesliga alight then struggled once they moved
Bundesliga is arguably the league from which players are able to most smoothly transition to the PL than the other European leagues. Look at our best players... Gundogan, and most obviously, Kevin. And Sancho knows the game in England.

I do not agree that Werner is an example of a player who has failed so far. He struggled under Lampard, who isn’t a good manager, but with Tuchel, he has already found his place, understood where he is, and is bound to explode in his second season. As for Haaland, his stats aren’t related to the Bundesliga only. He has shattered records in the Champions League, against top teams from all over the continent.

Bundesliga is arguably the league from which players are able to most smoothly transition to the PL than the other European leagues. Look at our best players... Gundogan, and most obviously, Kevin. And Sancho knows the game in England.

I do not agree that Werner is an example of a player who has failed so far. He struggled under Lampard, who isn’t a good manager, but with Tuchel, he has already found his place, understood where he is, and is bound to explode in his second season. As for Haaland, his stats aren’t related to the Bundesliga only. He has shattered records in the Champions League, against top teams from all over the continent.

I meant in terms of their over inflated attacking stats, not that they are bad players

As I said I think hes worth the money, but I don't think he will get the same numbers he does at Dortmund

Gundo is an exception, this is a purple patch he has never had before in his career

KDB has translated brilliantly, but when he was 23 he was getting 10 goals + 20 assits at Wolfsburg, a feat he has matched only once for us....and I think he's a much player now then he was at Wolfsburg

Just my personal preference, but I'm going to err on the side of caution when it comes to the impact of attacking players that move to the Prem....just think it's so much easier to score as every team plays such a high line in Germany

Passing the opportunity to sign Sancho is HUGE mistake.

Sancho will provide goals, assists, entertainment & financial return to any club he sign for.

He is better than all wingers ( Sterling, Mahrez & Ferran )

I agree with this. He has the pace, directness and confidence that would be perfect for us. Plus Haaland seems to thrive on his assists. And he’s homegrown, and still young.

The worst outcome is if he ended up at the shithole. Particularly if that meant Dortmund didn’t then need to sell Haaland so we didn’t get him either.

Last edited:
If he wants United, a team who's won nothing of note for the past 8 years, let him go. We'll take the sell on % and build a better team.

I think he's a cracking player, but we'll be more than fine without him.

I agree with this. He has the pace, directness and confidence that would be perfect for us. Plus Haaland seems to thrive on his assists. And he’s homegrown, and still young.

The worst outcome is if he ended up at the shithole. Particularly if that meant Dortmund didn’t then need to sell Haaland so we didn’t get him either.
Don't think he'd be homegrown? Been in Germany too long I think.

Irrelevant how long he's been in Germany, it depends on the years he's played over here. He would already be home grown and club trained if he had been with us for at least three years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.