James Bond Films. Are They All That?

No Time To Die is the only Bond film I refuse to watch a second time. It was garbage, on a par with Never Say Never Again. Connery was the best of course being the original and Moore was great in Live and Let Die and The Man With the Golden Gun before it went all parody for a decade. Dalton was clearly the best actor but nobody could save those films.

Not sure I’ll bother with any more though, they’re going to mess with the character for future movies.

No Time To Die is the only Bond film I refuse to watch a second time. It was garbage, on a par with Never Say Never Again. Connery was the best of course being the original and Moore was great in Live and Let Die and The Man With the Golden Gun before it went all parody for a decade. Dalton was clearly the best actor but nobody could save those films.

Not sure I’ll bother with any more though, they’re going to mess with the character for future movies.
It wasn't brilliant, far from it, actually. But I'm not sure I'd go as far as to call it garbage. I'd probably describe it as meh; 4.5/10 for me. But it marked the closing of a chapter. Craig (I think) had had enough of the role, so they decided to take the course of action that they did. If there is a new "Bond" film (and how can it be a Bond film?), would they be brave enough to give the Lashana Lynch a shot at it, for one film, to see how she copes? A female 007 might be too radical a step for the Broccolis to consider. Elba is a name that regularly crops up in dispatches. Ditto Regé-Jean Page. I haven't heard anything about a new film, by the way. Just guessing.

To answer the OP‘s question; it depends on what ‘That’ is.

They’re mostly a decent watch, but will never be critically acclaimed.

They’re at their best, for me, when they are more humorous than action based and for me, Craig isn’t good enough at the one liners, so I haven’t enjoyed the last few films as much.
I loved the stupid innuendos and the humour of the old films. The new ones are good but too serious. More like the bourne series now and the evil henchmen stories are crap.

Leave it alone and go back to what was best but in this day and age it won’t happen so enjoy the old ones. Will still watch any new film that comes out but maybe only the once.

I've not ENJOYED a Bond film since Goldeneye. Had Dalton done that one, it would be regarded as a classic. I think Dalton's Bond is just the right balance of coldness

The remainder of Brosnan's films are thinner than Co-op bacon. Poor films, poorly acted.

I find Craig's Bond too cold, and the amount of violence and CGI in them, makes them to be a watch once, and only once experience. As other posters have said, it's almost a Jason Bourne parody. Bond films should be unique.

Connery is a little overrated, and you can't take Moore's seriously..

Best one for me is undoubtedly OHMSS.
Two fantastic songs (Mrs G walked down the aisle to a pianist playing WHATTITW)and a great story. Pity about Lazenby.

It wasn't brilliant, far from it, actually. But I'm not sure I'd go as far as to call it garbage. I'd probably describe it as meh; 4.5/10 for me. But it marked the closing of a chapter. Craig (I think) had had enough of the role, so they decided to take the course of action that they did. If there is a new "Bond" film (and how can it be a Bond film?), would they be brave enough to give the Lashana Lynch a shot at it, for one film, to see how she copes? A female 007 might be too radical a step for the Broccolis to consider. Elba is a name that regularly crops up in dispatches. Ditto Regé-Jean Page. I haven't heard anything about a new film, by the way. Just guessing.
I don’t really care who will be the next Bond. It will be someone aimed at attracting a new audience and they’ll mess with the story so much they’ll lose the essence of the character. The last film enabled that that’s why it’s garbage. Plus it felt rushed, almost like 2x QoS’s squished into one.

It wouldn’t surprise me if they go down the Marvel route and start doing stories about various 00 agents and then start pairing them up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.