James H Reeve

TBH Jim Reeve was not just a good lad and a blue, he was also an excellent broadcater. I'm old enough to remember him first appearing on the Phil Wood show (I think?) as 'Jimbo.'

He did loads of great topical stuff also - seem to recall him interviewing Gerry Adams at one point?

Very smart bloke and should have gone on to greater things but was never far away from one controversy or another; getting sacked for playing and dedicating 'Killer Queen' (haha) to Her Majesty was fantastic.

I also remember a brilliant article that he'd written about the Swales regime being read out at one of those 'Forward with Franny' meetings.

I've often wondered whether he posted on here?

Jeez Sue, you and me both, same memories

I adore James H, used to love listening to his nocturnal ramblings on the radio, then when he went radio AWOL, found him again doing his thing at COMS in the the corporate.

Love you poster for that vid, I laughed myself silly, James H is a proper Manc, a Proper blue, wonder if he is on bluemoon somewhere??

Very smart bloke and should have gone on to greater things but was never far away from one controversy or another; getting sacked for playing and dedicating 'God Save the Queen - Sex Pistols' to Her Majesty was fantastic.

It was for playing "killer queen" by queen when some young lad shot at her with a starting pistol during trooping the colour.

I use to write stories for his nocturnal missions show that went out on Wednesday Night at about 00 30, one which ran for six weeks about Nellie Shufflebottom and her friends and their antics at Wythenshawe Bingo, I killed her off (she got knocked over by the 105 bus after she'd just won Ten Grand on the National Link) was a projectionist at the time and James gave me the name Kevin the Kinematographer, use to go into Piccadilly Radio on a Wednesday Morning to meet Jim and drop my stuff off then we'd stroll over to Lewis's and up to Cafe for a brew and a brekie.

Last time I saw him he'd just left Piccadilly and we met for a dew pints in the Albert in Withington.

About 4 months ago I saw a massive banner strung up outside a pub in town with his face on it saying he's now broadcasting on a new Manchester based internet radio station called Manchester something or the other, I'll have a look around & see what I can find out.

Actually now I come to think about it, it could have been James Stannage, I always used to get them mixed up when I was a kid.....

Uncle Wally One Ball said:
Met him at Piccadilly radio about 25 yrs ago when he was just coming in to do his late show. Cant remember how it came about but my Dad took me down there. Talked about City for ages and he seemed a top fella.
i was doing regular nights about 25 years ago and his show helped make it bearable,some right nutters used to phone in there was one that was on on every night think he was a rag called jimmy white

Saw JHR a number of times at various events... always great.

But my two best memories of him were... after we gubbed the rags 5-1, he was on the radio and stated that if God wanted to take him that night he would die a happy man... and the other time was the Monday after we had gone down to the third division and BBC did a short programme about the future of City... JHR presented it and I'll never forget his final words..."It's not like anyone died... it just feels like it".

Should have been a major star, and when you hear some of the nobs robbing a living on Talksport I could weep...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.