James H Reeve

waterloo blue said:
Very smart bloke and should have gone on to greater things but was never far away from one controversy or another; getting sacked for playing and dedicating 'God Save the Queen - Sex Pistols' to Her Majesty was fantastic.

It was for playing "killer queen" by queen when some young lad shot at her with a starting pistol during trooping the colour.

Cheers mate! I remember it was something vaguely 'Queen' related, but you are right, of course.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Whatever happened to James Stannage?!! I always remember that knob Jock Paul who said he was a City fan but then became a Leeds fan!

It was James Stannage that I saw on that banner. He currently broadcasting on http://www.manchesterradioonline.com

I've never listened to it so I don't know how good/bad the station is!!!

We should start a petition 'Bring back JHR'!!! :-)

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
For some reason I want to say Piccadilly Radio 1152. Ah well it's a long while ago!

I'll see your 1152 and raise you a 261 - now that IS old ;)<br /><br />-- Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:50 am --<br /><br />
frothy said:
...think he was a rag called jimmy white

You remember correctly!

The cookie monster said:
PrestwichPeteMcfc said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kRobAgPSDA[/youtube]
That was the night i was there,the bird with the rag top stripped off if i can remember and it kicked off outside..great night!

Ha ha, sounds like a night out with Paul Calf.

Raffles said:
Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
For some reason I want to say Piccadilly Radio 1152. Ah well it's a long while ago!

I'll see your 1152 and raise you a 261 - now that IS old ;)

-- Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:50 am --

frothy said:
...think he was a rag called jimmy white

You remember correctly!

Anyone remember the Piccadilly road show ???

Soulboy said:
Saw JHR a number of times at various events... always great.

But my two best memories of him were... after we gubbed the rags 5-1, he was on the radio and stated that if God wanted to take him that night he would die a happy man... and the other time was the Monday after we had gone down to the third division and BBC did a short programme about the future of City... JHR presented it and I'll never forget his final words..."It's not like anyone died... it just feels like it".

Should have been a major star, and when you hear some of the nobs robbing a living on Talksport I could weep...

One of if not the funniest man I have ever met.Not only a very clever and talented broadcaster he could be a stand up comic! Every time I have seen him M.C he has been funnier than the comedian, the whole room in stitches.Very very talented, get your talent used James!!!

Last i heard of James was on rock radio which didnt seem to last long,he was on talk radio(now talksport) for a while doing the late night shift.and still funny as fu*k
come back James H your country need you!

Bobbins said:
Anyone remember the Piccadilly road show ???

I went to a few. Met Steve Penk (The Revolution) on a couple.

I used to DJ with Phil Evans - the roadshow DJ (the one that actually played the music).

Didsbury Dave said:
Eccles Blue said:
parkerblue said:
If stuart hall was doing the stadium announcing i'd have to turn up 10 seconds before kick off to avoid him at all costs

same here.
Sacrilege. If you don't love Stuart hall you don't love life

In that case I better get the car warmed up and find out where I put the garden hose

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.