James McAtee | On loan at Sheffield United

Ok,please explain how one of this Nations most gifted,soon to be 20year old,attacking midfielders,is going to benefit from playing more EDS football?
I agree that a loan might be the best option as I think Cole will be the primary candidate for minutes this season although who knows what will happen with injuries and so on. Maybe keeping McAtee around until Xmas and then looking at loan options then would be the best option

I agree that a loan might be the best option as I think Cole will be the primary candidate for minutes this season although who knows what will happen with injuries and so on. Maybe keeping McAtee around until Xmas and then looking at loan options then would be the best option
I genuinely don't see how getting first team football elsewhere is less beneficial than being sat on our bench,at the very best.

Take Conor Gallagher as an example....the loan system has seen his value rise to approx 40m now,and he has returned to Chelsea as Prem star.Mason Mount before him....

I genuinely don't see how getting first team football elsewhere is less beneficial than being sat on our bench,at the very best.

Take Conor Gallagher as an example....the loan system has seen his value rise to approx 40m now,and he has returned to Chelsea as Prem star.Mason Mount before him....
True, but Gallagher had 4 consecutive loan seasons to reach that stage, starting roughly at the age McAtee is now. Would McAtee have extended in February if he thought that was the pathway mapped for him? I agree that he needs to play but I just don’t see us sending him out now.

Just to play devil’s advocate here, wouldn’t it depend on whom he was loaned to with regards to it being beneficial?

Those in favour of no loan will take Foden as an example of it being better to train with our squad than go on loan vs Mount & Gallagher

Not saying you’re wrong btw. Loaning him could be the worst or best decision we could make, or keeping him & could be the best or worst decision we could make

I don’t think it’s anywhere near as black & white as your post suggests my friend

Just to play devil’s advocate here, wouldn’t it depend on whom he was loaned to with regards to it being beneficial?

Those in favour of no loan will take Foden as an example of it being better to train with our squad than go on loan vs Mount & Gallagher

Not saying you’re wrong btw. Loaning him could be the worst or best decision we could make, or keeping him & could be the best or worst decision we could make

I don’t think it’s anywhere near as black & white as your post suggests my friend
Of course its a risk strategy,but hopefully with high reward.

He is 20 soon,and it was clear last season that the EDS set up was doing him more harm than good.H esimply cannot waste this coming season just 'being around' the club.

Yes it helps enormously that we find the right club/pathway,but i believe his talent will make that less of an issue than it may otherwise be for others.

If not a loan,then sell with a buyback.The kid needs football now.

Of course its a risk strategy,but hopefully with high reward.

He is 20 soon,and it was clear last season that the EDS set up was doing him more harm than good.H esimply cannot waste this coming season just 'being around' the club.

Yes it helps enormously that we find the right club/pathway,but i believe his talent will make that less of an issue than it may otherwise be for others.

If not a loan,then sell with a buyback.The kid needs football now.
I think I’d probably agree in McAtee’s case as he is far too good for EDS, but I’m not quite convinced he’s quite ready to step up to the first team just yet

Ideally he stays, gets game time for me, but I can’t see him playing that much

I think I’d probably agree in McAtee’s case as he is far too good for EDS, but I’m not quite convinced he’s quite ready to step up to the first team just yet

Ideally he stays, gets game time for me, but I can’t see him playing that much

I think he'll be lucky to get minutes even in the Cup games.Pointless him staying this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.