James McAtee

It was widely reported that McAtee wanted the loan by most sources though, and if we've just said no against his wishes, he won't go near a new deal. Ideologically consistent I guess but not the best way to handle it.

Personally I think we said sign da ting and you can go, he's refused so we made him stay.
It was widely reported he was interested in seeking first team football on loan elsewhere and that city would be willing to grant that to him if it was a requirement to extend. It wasn’t the deal breaker

It was widely reported that McAtee wanted the loan by most sources though, and if we've just said no against his wishes, he won't go near a new deal. Ideologically consistent I guess but not the best way to handle it.

Personally I think we said sign da ting and you can go, he's refused so we made him stay.
Or he has already signed it and been told we're keeping you with the first team squad.

Like you, I have no idea of the actual facts however.

Most of which are probably correct and city need to be a bit more carrot and less stick with some of these young players.

Just because they are from academy, does not mean they will be given privilege to have certain amount of starts in first team.

Like many other player in first team squad, once you become first team player and training there regularly. They all become equal in the eyes of the manager, some will be given more because older established proven player and youth player needs to respect that pecking order.

We are not charity FC, giving opportunities to these player easily just because they are from academies.

Last edited:
ffs it hasn't "panned out", you're just assuming shit out of thin air. assuming he's not gonna feature, assuming he's not gonna renew, assuming the reason he's not going on loan is that he's not renewing and not that they want him to stay and train around the first team as that's better for his development.

just an never-ending stream of assumptions.

What do you know, those assumptions were wrong.

And would you look at that, it was his decision to not go on loan and contract talks are looking more positive, contrary to posts on here suggesting he was gone for good.

And would you look at that, it was his decision to not go on loan and contract talks are looking more positive, contrary to posts on here suggesting he was gone for good.

I hope he took every opportunities whenever Pep giving him a chances, the more he impresses Pep the more he will be able to get chances to play.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.