James McAtee

I wonder if he keeps impressing at youth level before we sell him with a buy back option and that is the whole plan with him.

He looks to me one of the best talent in England now in the age of 19-20. he becomes 20 in October.

18 minutes in PL.

18 minutes in Carabao.

36 minutes in FA Cup which we keep throwing at semis second year running lol so why so little playing time for youth then?

and 44 minutes in CL vs Sporting second leg, after first leg decided the whole tie.

116 minutes of football for someone who is the best talent we may have since Foden. and seems to be highly rated outside City & City fans as well. and majority of this 116 minutes were dead rubber games to be fair like Wycombe, Fulham etc.

lets be honest, we aint seeing him in the first team getting any minutes this season with the importance of the remaining games.

the likes of current young stars, like Haaland, Mbappe, Vinicius Junior our our own Foden were getting so much more game time at their clubs playing serious CL games at age 19...
(Saka is 12 months older than McAtee and is a regular now at Arsenal and played over 2500 mins in PL last season and on track to do more this time, and over 700 mins in EL last season, doubt that didnt help him a lot, something McAtee just doesnt have at the moment with these odd few minutes he got)

I do wonder whats the plan with McAtee if he stays this summer, because I cannot see much more time given than this season. does he need to wait until 21-22 years old to start to gain crucial first team experience. it can wreck his career too.

I think the frustrating thing is that if we’d given him more minutes when we had the perfect chance to (the dead rubber vs Leipzig, Peterborough, Swindon, the second leg vs Sporting) maybe he’d be in a position to be considered a viable option for the rest of the season. Not necessarily to start matches, but to come off the bench for 20 minutes so we can rest our first teamers. I presume the club has a proper pathway for him though as I don’t think we would have signed the contract otherwise.

I think the frustrating thing is that if we’d given him more minutes when we had the perfect chance to (the dead rubber vs Leipzig, Peterborough, Swindon, the second leg vs Sporting) maybe he’d be in a position to be considered a viable option for the rest of the season. Not necessarily to start matches, but to come off the bench for 20 minutes so we can rest our first teamers. I presume the club has a proper pathway for him though as I don’t think we would have signed the contract otherwise.
That can also be said for Lavia,two brilliant prospects who im fairly certain could have offered us something different/extra yesterday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.