James McAtee

Not seen the game yet,will watch when I finish work later,but don't worry about his ability to handle himself....he's a capable little fucker in every respect.

I'd sooner him be playing in a footballing side,but it is what it is and he'll benefit hugely regardless.

Thought he started off feeling he may be out of his depth physically, he then went into 2 tackles one after the other and came away with the ball and imo started to grow into the game, was responsible for getting the man sent off great pressing and anticipation, got caught with a bad tackle but I think he was getting taken off anyway after Sunderland pulled a goal back ,would of done him the world of good getting his debut ,and he will grow the more games he plays
Agree mate.

He worked his way into the game and I was particularly impressed by his movement off the ball to find areas of space. He was trusted to take the corners and won the ball for the sending off.

It's a fantastic experience for him as a 19 year old playing with and against some experienced cloggers. It will do him the world of good.

Last edited:
Not seen the game yet,will watch when I finish work later,but don't worry about his ability to handle himself....he's a capable little fucker in every respect.

I'd sooner him be playing in a footballing side,but it is what it is and he'll benefit hugely regardless.
You work? Who has time for work when the transfer window is still open? ffs

Brilliant brilliant learning experience. He’s playing against men now.
A baller like James needs to know he will be kicked all over the shop by jobbers and take it as a compliment.
Little hard bastards like David and Bernie should be his example

McAtee isn’t a soft arse but that doesn’t mean he can’t get injured. He just won’t get bullied.

He’s cut from the same cloth as his brother who I think still plays for Scunthorpe and his dad an ex rugby league player.

McAtee isn’t a soft arse but that doesn’t mean he can’t get injured. He just won’t get bullied.

He’s cut from the same cloth as his brother who I think still plays for Scunthorpe and his dad an ex rugby league player.
Luton player now but loaned back to Grimsby where he was last year after leaving Scunthorpe.

I'm holding out hope they improve when some injured players come back. He found space with real maturity and looked a level above in terms of his composure on the ball and an excellent set piece delivery. Ultimately he changed the game so a good first start. Was sold short on the pass but arguably could have been stronger, however the keeper also could have done better for their goal so I wouldn't assign much blame to him. Fans gave him a good reception.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.