James McAtee

How many times have you seen him play?
Half a dozen maybe? He played for Sheff Utd from the start at Luton in a game I watched and was that bad he was subbed off at half time. Maybe their system doesn’t suit him but still, it was Luton he was up against!
I hope he does start to prove me wrong, obviously. If that means he needs to find a new club on loan then so be it.

Half a dozen maybe? He played for Sheff Utd from the start at Luton in a game I watched and was that bad he was subbed off at half time. Maybe their system doesn’t suit him but still, it was Luton he was up against!
I hope he does start to prove me wrong, obviously. If that means he needs to find a new club on loan then so be it.
Each to their own. If you have seen him play a relatively few mins, most of them for a club (Sheff utd) who play a completely different style to everything he has played before in his life, and have worked out that he isn’t going to make the grade, you are a very skilled judge.

Each to their own. If you have seen him play a relatively few mins, most of them for a club (Sheff utd) who play a completely different style to everything he has played before in his life, and have worked out that he isn’t going to make the grade, you are a very skilled judge.
Just playing devil's advocate but why go there then?

Loans aren't just about minutes and everything going perfectly.

If anything, this should spark an inner determination to prove that he's good enough. Imagine how much he's hurting to not be starting at Championship level.

He's got to show that he should be and make it impossible for the Sheff United manager to leave him out. If he can't do that then it's still not the end of the world. Zinchenko used the negatives of his loan to create a positive, becoming an exceptional player (through grit and hard work) on the back of a tough year in Holland.

It's time for him to become a man one way or another. Football is a brutal business and he needs to grasp the opportunity he's got.

He plays the game like David Silva....he gets in the pockets,he orchestrates and schemes,he breaks the line and makes the pass few others can see.

Him not playing has nothing to do with his talent.....Sheffield do not play in a manner that allows him to flourish,their lack of intricacy and finesse doesn't suit his game or ability.

We need to get him away from that club ASAP.
I get the comparison, but Dave had a physical side to his game and a determination that I just don't see with McAtee. When Dave got a kicking, he got up and proved he was the best player on the pitch, despite being booted up in the air.

Dave had bottle and rarely hid. McAtee will never be a truly top player till he adds that to his game.

I get the comparison, but Dave had a physical side to his game and a determination that I just don't see with McAtee. When Dave got a kicking, he got up and proved he was the best player on the pitch, despite being booted up in the air.

Dave had bottle and rarely hid. McAtee will never be a truly top player till he adds that to his game.
I can see why you would think that as his body language occasionally suggests a lackadaisical approach,but he is far from a pushover.....he has a bite,and he has strength.....he just needs to apply it better.

Hopefully if nothing else,this loan might wake him up a bit about what it takes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.