James McAtee

Loans aren't just about minutes and everything going perfectly.

If anything, this should spark an inner determination to prove that he's good enough. Imagine how much he's hurting to not be starting at Championship level.

He's got to show that he should be and make it impossible for the Sheff United manager to leave him out. If he can't do that then it's still not the end of the world. Zinchenko used the negatives of his loan to create a positive, becoming an exceptional player (through grit and hard work) on the back of a tough year in Holland.

It's time for him to become a man one way or another. Football is a brutal business and he needs to grasp the opportunity he's got.

Agree with every word.
If he had been anywhere near ready he would have stayed.
Playing for minutes at the top of the Championship is a fair level to prove himself.

I'm just curious why he still needs to do these private sessions?

Isn't practicing with Sheffield enough practice? If it isn't thats quite worrrying.

Also, these seems to always be shooting drills, this is the last thing he needs to work on.

Isn't practicing with Sheffield enough practice? If it isn't thats quite worrrying.

Also, these seems to always be shooting drills, this is the last thing he needs to work on.
Worrying? My immediate thought was that it's quite impressive that he wants to improve. Showing clips of him running laps would be a bit boring surely?

These Brathwaite clips have been coming for a few months. Been a while since I've seen the last one - to my eye he's grown more solid, steadier in his balance, quicker/powerful/explosive ... so I assume that's the point of these drills. Stanway does similar workouts and, imo, she's just become a tank of a player thru them.

As an aside, folks are starting to notice that Julian's first touch is too often trampoline-ish. Maybe he should call Brathwaite. Some concentrated sidework couldn't hurt.

Worrying? My immediate thought was that it's quite impressive that he wants to improve. Showing clips of him running laps would be a bit boring surely?
Of course its good he wants to improve.

Im more saying its worrying that sheffield doesnt have a rigorous enough practice sessions that he needs even more.

I imagine most city players probably find our sessions enough for them as they seem intense.

Of course its good he wants to improve.

Im more saying its worrying that sheffield doesnt have a rigorous enough practice sessions that he needs even more.

I imagine most city players probably find our sessions enough for them as they seem intense.
He was working with Dean Brathwaite while at City and has been for a while. It's nothing new for him, Foden used to have a sprint trainer of some description, the likes of Alfie Harrison had one on one trainers from a very young age. It's the small attention to details and dedication that will make the special players stand out, as much as talent alone.

He was working with Dean Brathwaite while at City and has been for a while. It's nothing new for him, Foden used to have a sprint trainer of some description, the likes of Alfie Harrison had one on one trainers from a very young age. It's the small attention to details and dedication that will make the special players stand out, as much as talent alone.
I understood more working with Dean while he was an academy player, but less so when he is on a team.

Fodens sprinting practice was very useful as it seems many clubs arent quite there on the knowledge of that.

Just feels like these shooting drills arent what his extra practice should be the focus on, its not a weakness he needs to work on.

I understood more working with Dean while he was an academy player, but less so when he is on a team.

Fodens sprinting practice was very useful as it seems many clubs arent quite there on the knowledge of that.

Just feels like these shooting drills arent what his extra practice should be the focus on, its not a weakness he needs to work on.
You do know that Haaland will practise shooting?

Mcatee and delap probably a lesson in city being more selective with championship sides. Delap went to Stoke because his dad played for them and mcatee isn’t tearing up trees either.

Need to have a couple of feeder clubs in the championship like Burnley, Swansea etc that play our way and only loan to them regardless of what the player says

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.