James McAtee

This loan is just what he needed, toughening him up big time, no doubting the guy has huge natural talent.

Definitely,without question....he will return a different character.

Id just hope the next part of his journey focuses more on his technical prowess.

A few years ago I watched one from City and it was KDB playing the ball round the statics and then lashing the ball into a net from 20 yards
three weeks or so later at Chelsea, KDB plays the ball to Jesus, who lays it off first time, KDB takes a touch and then thumps the ball home for a stunning goal

It’s all about repetition until it becomes natural procedure
Practice makes perfect. Try something in training and if the opportunity arises it won't be new. How many times do we hear 'That's straight off the training ground'! I wonder how many times the KdB corner was driven over to Riyad to thump into the Rag net. I can't believe that Riyad was loitering outside the Rag area with no intent and Kev just happened to spot him and thought 'Hey ho, let's see if this works'!

Meant to have played well today for Sheffield United according to one of their fans on my dad's Facebook.

Not sure he was man of the match but it seems he is certainly growing into the team as the season goes on, which is probably a smack in the face for those who doubted his loan move earlier this season.

They won 1-0 against Huddersfield.

Meant to have played well today for Sheffield United according to one of their fans on my dad's Facebook.

Not sure he was man of the match but it seems he is certainly growing into the team as the season goes on, which is probably a smack in the face for those who doubted his loan move earlier this season.

They won 1-0 against Huddersfield.

A smack in the face because his form has improved and things are working out ? What a fucking stupid comment.

Anyway....a better loan could still have been found,as the Blades do not play to his strengths,but James' talent,attitude,and adaptability is clearly wining the day and is very admirable.

A smack in the face because his form has improved and things are working out ? What a fucking stupid comment.

Anyway....a better loan could still have been found,as the Blades do not play to his strengths,but James' talent,attitude,and adaptability is clearly wining the day and is very admirable.

You don't change a winning team and Sheffield United were winning at the start of the season while many were pulling out their hair, once they stopped winning James took his chance with both hands he's starting to be seen as someone they need, it's more beneficial him being at them than stuck here not getting game time.

The best players find a way they don't need to be accommodated this by certain systems he'll already have learnt so much, the battling for a place in the team and winning mental battles he wouldn't have faced at a team more suited, he's ignored all the things that should've troubled him that will go a long way towards his development... Do you really think it's not a good thing overcoming obstacles to get in their team?

The best players win these kind of battles he's starting to win them with this loan if James carries on this will be a very successful loan, regardless of their play style he's succeeding and he's succeeding despite their style of play, it can only be good him showing his versatility and that will be impressing Pep more than playing in a set position for another team.

You don't change a winning team and Sheffield United were winning at the start of the season while many were pulling out their hair, once they stopped winning James took his chance with both hands he's starting to be seen as someone they need, it's more beneficial him being at them than stuck here not getting game time.

The best players find a way they don't need to be accommodated this by certain systems he'll already have learnt so much, the battling for a place in the team and winning mental battles he wouldn't have faced at a team more suited, he's ignored all the things that should've troubled him that will go a long way towards his development... Do you really think it's not a good thing overcoming obstacles to get in their team?

The best players win these kind of battles he's starting to win them with this loan if James carries on this will be a very successful loan, regardless of their play style he's succeeding and he's succeeding despite their style of play, it can only be good him showing his versatility and that will be impressing Pep more than playing in a set position for another team.
All true but the 'smack in the face' comment is still nonsense as you've got hindsight to fall back on now.

All true but the 'smack in the face' comment is still nonsense as you've got hindsight to fall back on now.

People were already deeming this loan a failure instead of waiting to see what the hell happened.

The smack in the face represents them being stunned seeing as he already supposedly failed for some purely based on their style, maybe I used the wrong term there and couldn't think of the right thing to say, all that matters is James has overcome obstacles maybe I should've said proved the doubters wrong over his lack of early game time.

One thing that should benefit both McAtee and Doyle is being at a club that is going for a prize - in this case promotion and possibly winning the league.

The pressure to perform will be great experience for them rather than being at a mid-table club whose players will be "on the beach" for the last few weeks of the season.

I think the Blades will get promoted as they seem able able to score enough and keep goals out at the other end. They have the joint least goals conceded in the Championship along with Coventry City where another City loanee is playing in defense.

Blackburn are in third but have a -1 goal difference!

By the way Sheffield United's game away at Wigan on Monday evening is on Sky - hopefully will get to see McAtee in action

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.