James McAtee

I only caught the 2nd half. Does he get cramp every match he starts? I think the fitness and conditioning benefits of regular Championship football will be a real game changer for him.

I watched the second half,i take it those moments were in the first half?
He had a good first half, I missed the 2nd half funny enough.

Wouldn't be too surprising as he probably can't play a full 90 yet, but he is clearly getting to know the demands at this level, getting use to his team, and importantly, his team is getting use to him.

He made a couple of chances they should have scored, and also should have scored one himself.

He seems to be sticking up for himself more, looked very lightweight but put himself about a bit last night, one of them was a blatant take out where he gave the guy a look and then took him out which is good to see

Cheers,think he ran put of gas a bit in the 2nd hence the sub (for Doyle)

How did Doyle look when he came on? I was hoping to watch the game on Monday but missed it. McAtee was mentioned a lot on the bbc live feed of the game (in the first half) - seemed to be involved in all of their best moves. I heard an interview with him a few days ago and he spoke about having to adapt to their different style of play and the physicality. It will take time. He's not physically as strong as other 20 year olds so it might be that his emergence is slightly later than others, but no issue with that. Not all kids are going to be ready for first team football by 20. It does make you realise just how impressive the likes of Foden, Saka and Bellingham are considering the first two aren't much older than McAtee and Bellingham is younger yet already has over 20 England caps!

How did Doyle look when he came on? I was hoping to watch the game on Monday but missed it. McAtee was mentioned a lot on the bbc live feed of the game (in the first half) - seemed to be involved in all of their best moves. I heard an interview with him a few days ago and he spoke about having to adapt to their different style of play and the physicality. It will take time. He's not physically as strong as other 20 year olds so it might be that his emergence is slightly later than others, but no issue with that. Not all kids are going to be ready for first team football by 20. It does make you realise just how impressive the likes of Foden, Saka and Bellingham are considering the first two aren't much older than McAtee and Bellingham is younger yet already has over 20 England caps!
Spot on, it always annoys me when people post about whoever the present subject is, that they'll never make it because of how so and so had so many 1st team games by a certain age. They're not clones, everyone is different.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.