James McAtee

Palmer looked like he couldn't nail a place in Pep's current set up despite a few encouraging Cup performances.
He scored in the Community Shield game against Arsenal and the UEFA Super Cup game against Sevilla in August and looked very good but was back on the bench for our league games. I don't think he was given the opportunities he deserved at that stage but it is all moot now.

He scored in the Community Shield game against Arsenal and the UEFA Super Cup game against Sevilla in August and looked very good but was back on the bench for our league games. I don't think he was given the opportunities he deserved at that stage but it is all moot now.
But it wasn't enough to convince him to stay and Pep wasn't that convinced to give him more minutes in the bigger games prior to this season ahead of Mahrez.

But it wasn't enough to convince him to stay and Pep wasn't that convinced to give him more minutes in the bigger games prior to this season ahead of Mahrez.
You're right of course. I just think the signs were there that Cole was (finally) getting it at first team level. I think his calmness on the ball and accurate finishing could have been a big asset against low block teams.
TBH I would be surprised if McAtee were to make it at City but I would like to see him given a chance.

You're right of course. I just think the signs were there that Cole was (finally) getting it at first team level. I think his calmness on the ball and accurate finishing could have been a big asset against low block teams.
TBH I would be surprised if McAtee were to make it at City but I would like to see him given a chance.
I am not suggesting that McAtee should be given another chance now but if Wharton is on our radar then surely he should be given a chance ahead of him. That is my opinion.

@jamesha you’re right in that it’ll be shocking if McAtee made it at City.

Maresca wanting him is no surprise. Said in a previous post that he was managing McAtee when he had his best youth football season. He knows what he can bring. Granted it’s been seasons since and it’s not youth football anymore, he still has an idea what he would bring to Chelsea if the transfer takes place.

These things don't happen overnight and I think Palmer had already decided (or had his head turned) long before he left. It's turned out well for the lad and I certainly don't begrudge anything he achieves regardless of his reasons for leaving.

Tosin also moving to Chelsea. With Lavia, Palmer and potentially McAtee it will be quite the City EDS rebooted.

@jamesha you’re right in that it’ll be shocking if McAtee made it at City.

Maresca wanting him is no surprise. Said in a previous post that he was managing McAtee when he had his best youth football season. He knows what he can bring. Granted it’s been seasons since and it’s not youth football anymore, he still has an idea what he would bring to Chelsea if the transfer takes place.

McAtee had a good season under Maresca (it was the one where Delap scored about 25 goals) but it was the next season under Barry-Murphy where McAtee was the PL2 player of the year.

McAtee had a good season under Maresca (it was the one where Delap scored about 25 goals) but it was the next season under Barry-Murphy where McAtee was the PL2 player of the year.
Thanks. Memory of that time is hazy. I just remember in that period, he was starting to really flourish. Appreciate that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.