James McAtee

Exactly, that's how it is.

It's even more 'unfair':
Lewis will be compared to Walker, McAtee to KDB and Bobb to than Bernardo or Doku. Competition is what we want and need.

Kids know it, from every single academy training session.
You wouldnt usually compare youngsters just coming through to first team players though.

I’d argue
Lavia > philips
Palmer > doku
And there’s a few other youngsters who I think could easily be in our first team. The one thing that’s lacking is patience - you can’t expect youngsters to be instantly world class.

Lewis could and has easily stepped in for walker.

Last edited:
You wouldnt usually compare youngsters just coming through to first team players though.

I’d argue
Lavia > philips
Palmer > doku
And there’s a few other youngsters who I think could easily be in our first team. The one thing that’s lacking is patience - you can’t expect youngsters to be instantly world class.

Lewis could and has easily stepped in for walker.
both would have still been 3rd/4th choice at best, gotta talk the player into it as well. Some lads are just gonna need 30-40 solid games to improve at that age we dont have it

Seeing Wharton's name being bandied about perhaps McAtee should be given another chance. Especially with Chelsea sniffing around.
McAtee needs minutes, and a lot of em if he wants to develop. He's at the age where you need to be playing regularly if you plan on making it in the prem. And he sure as hell isn't good enough to be in our starting XI, so we either loan him out to a mid-table club or sell him.

Don't have a preference either way, hope it works out for McAtee though. Just doubt he's City quality, and that's ok because very few players are.

McAtee needs minutes, and a lot of em if he wants to develop. He's at the age where you need to be playing regularly if you plan on making it in the prem. And he sure as hell isn't good enough to be in our starting XI, so we either loan him out to a mid-table club or sell him.

Don't have a preference either way, hope it works out for McAtee though. Just doubt he's City quality, and that's ok because very few players are.
Agreed and he is definitely making a mistake if he is to join Chelsea although he will be on good money. Wharton isn't the answer either although a top 6 club will be making a move in the next couple of seasons.

As the squad stands, if neither of those can get minutes next season, I fear we’ll again be treading water come April/May ‘25.
I imagine both will get decent playing time on the pre season tour as most of the first team regulars will still need a rest after the euros. A lot might hinge on how they perform.

Agreed and he is definitely making a mistake if he is to join Chelsea although he will be on good money. Wharton isn't the answer either although a top 6 club will be making a move in the next couple of seasons.
You could substitute "Palmer" for "McAtee" in the post you responded to and look how that worked out.

I am a fan of Doku but think Palmer would have offered more last season (maybe not on the left) and Cole looked mint in his appearances for City at the very start of last season.

I think we really need to give McAtee a chance at City until at least Xmas.

You could substitute "Palmer" for "McAtee" in the post you responded to and look how that worked out.

I am a fan of Doku but think Palmer would have offered more last season (maybe not on the left) and Cole looked mint in his appearances for City at the very start of last season.

I think we really need to give McAtee a chance at City until at least Xmas.
Palmer looked like he couldn't nail a place in Pep's current set up despite a few encouraging Cup performances.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.