James McAtee

purchase probably
If a purchase happens, and he happens to light things up as well, one would have to accept it.

I know why he’d want McAtee. Had his best youth season under Maresca. He’s seen the lad in training and knows what he can do.

I’d be really disappointed if that happened. I think it would be another Cole palmer situation.

I honestly think other than foden he’s technically the best youngster we have produced in a long time. If he’s given a proper chance I think he’ll end up being a top player.

I’d rather give him a chance, save ourselves a load of money than buying someone like Eze, who I don’t think is as talented.

We have a different risk profile than Chelsea though and can't play all our quite good kids to be 6th in the league...

He won't play in our mid as it seems and therefore I think there's a logic he leaves on a permanent for good money. And surely he will have good matches like Palmer or Sancho or Frimpong and many more but so be it. Only Phil really did it and that's the level it needs to play for City on a daily basis.

If he went to Chelsea and succeeded then it would be hard to watch him and Palmer in their team. A loan to Chelsea to play under Maresca would be another matter.

Maresca's style might suit him, not really sure how/where he gets into that team though with whats already there etc.

We have a different risk profile than Chelsea though and can't play all our quite good kids to be 6th in the league...

He won't play in our mid as it seems and therefore I think there's a logic he leaves on a permanent for good money. And surely he will have good matches like Palmer or Sancho or Frimpong and many more but so be it. Only Phil really did it and that's the level it needs to play for City on a daily basis.
There are no youngsters at that level though. Therefore surely no youngster will play for city on a daily basis.

I’d say it’s actually unfair to keep comparing youngsters to a once in a generation talent like foden. Players like Lewis, bobb and palmer are more then good enough to be regular players for us.

There are no youngsters at that level though. Therefore surely no youngster will play for city on a daily basis.
Exactly, that's how it is.

I’d say it’s actually unfair to keep comparing youngsters to a once in a generation talent like foden. Players like Lewis, bobb and palmer are more then good enough to be regular players for us.
It's even more 'unfair':
Lewis will be compared to Walker, McAtee to KDB and Bobb to than Bernardo or Doku. Competition is what we want and need.

Kids know it, from every single academy training session.

If Chelsea’s financial problems are to be believed, they’re going to lowball the offer. In which case, may as well just keep him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.