James McAtee | On loan at Sheffield United

Players like this kid we will need when you look at the age of Mahrez gundogan Kdb maybe sell him and insist in a buyback at a reasonable fee plus a sell on clause.

Is his contract status a worry, or is this normal for Academy players of his potential to get to this stage?

Is his contract status a worry, or is this normal for Academy players of his potential to get to this stage?

He’s pretty much the only one who isn’t on a long term contract at the moment. I think there will be a few young players at big clubs who will have looked at someone like Livramento leaving Chelsea to get regular minutes in the PL and be tempted to do the same thing.

It would be a bitter pill to swallow if we lost this one.

He'll be worth £50m in a few years and playing for England.

All this clear pathway stuff is just fan talk. We're not going to weaken our side at any point to accommodate potential and I don't believe any player or their people expect that unless they're already up their own arse and have a shit attitude. No club fighting for trophies does that, that's only what you do when you've realistically got no chance of winning.

The challenge for the kids is to turn that potential into reality and force their way in even when there's worlds class players ahead of you, that's what you have to do to make it at the very top.

Other clubs have a habit of signing their top youth on long term contracts just before loaning them out, don't think we do this enough. I know Pep and city have this la masia approach of wanting all our kids to stay here and train in our style with the first team but they all had barca B playing competitive football every week to help them along, the eds just doesn't cut it, we have the likes of Mcatee, Delap, Palmer etc smashing it every week, they've outgrown that already. unless we have a generational superstar like foden capable of slotting straight in we have to bridge the huge gap between eds and first team with good loans. Wasn't there talk of linking up with Swansea recently? That kind of club could do wonders for a few of our better prospects

I don’t blame him if he wants to leave, apart from competing with the first team members, he has to compete with cole palmer to make it at city. The odds are just not in his favor, he is only 18 so he has a lot of time but I guess he wants more now.

The only statement they can make worth paying attention to is giving them games.

Christmas is going to be key when the fixture list gets congested. It's when Garcia first broke through a got a run of games if I recall correctly.

Bernardo can't play every game at the rate he's going, Gundo's been struggling with injuries this season, Foden's still preferred on the wing. We're going to need some support in midfield.

There's an opportunity for him to get some gametime in meaningful fixtures over Dec/Jan and that's going to be telling as to where he currently stands in Pep's plans.

Christmas is going to be key when the fixture list gets congested. It's when Garcia first broke through a got a run of games if I recall correctly.

Bernardo can't play every game at the rate he's going, Gundo's been struggling with injuries this season, Foden's still preferred on the wing. We're going to need some support in midfield.

There's an opportunity for him to get some gametime in meaningful fixtures over Dec/Jan and that's going to be telling as to where he currently stands in Pep's plans.

McAtee absolutely will not start any games for us this season, that’s almost guaranteed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.