James McAtee | On loan at Sheffield United

I don’t blame him if he wants to leave, apart from competing with the first team members, he has to compete with cole palmer to make it at city. The odds are just not in his favor, he is only 18 so he has a lot of time but I guess he wants more now.
Who said he wants to leave? He's also not competing with Cole Palmer as they play in different positions.

Who said he wants to leave? He's also not competing with Cole Palmer as they play in different positions.
I’m assuming if Brighton have offered us £8 mil they will have had some encouragement from McAtee’s camp. Be gutted if we lost him he Is the most promising youngster to come through the academy since foden imo.

I’m assuming if Brighton have offered us £8 mil they will have had some encouragement from McAtee’s camp. Be gutted if we lost him he Is the most promising youngster to come through the academy since foden imo.
Bargaining chip for his new contract....

Agent - Sorry 25k isn't good enough Brighton will pay double that.
Txiki - £35k?
Agent - Done.

Unfortunately I wouldn’t be surprised if he went, especially if he wants first team football. There is no clear pathway for him at the minute.

he’d be great under potter, but it would be such a waste seeing potentially one of the best young players we’ve ever had leaving…

I think this is going to be an issue as we have too many good young players stuck in reserve football

Bargaining chip for his new contract....

Agent - Sorry 25k isn't good enough Brighton will pay double that.
Txiki - £35k?
Agent - Done.
Doubt his motivation is money right now. If he makes it at city, we would pay him more than brighton can dream of.

Well maybe he doesn’t want to leave, but the reality is that he was offered a new contract and he has not yet made up his mind if he is signing for us long term and I doubt brighton have decided to bid 8 million on an 18 year old with 30 minutes if he is not open to the move.

I said Cole Palmer because they are both trying to break into the team, doubt they can break into the team together even if they play different positions, there is barely space in the squad for an extra player. Sure McAtee might be the one who makes it but the odds are not in his favor

His motivation doesn't have to be money, he's pays his agent to do that.
I am pretty sure we can pay him whatever brighton is offering right now. McAtee has only played 30 minutes of senior football btw, so I don’t know why you think brighton would offer him big money.

Contract ends in 2023 according to google? I guess spend the rest of the season convincing him to sign. If not if we get a good value buy back clause in summer, its probably a better arrangement than letting him walk for free at the end of next season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.