James McAtee

Well maybe he doesn’t want to leave, but the reality is that he was offered a new contract and he has not yet made up his mind if he is signing for us long term and I doubt brighton have decided to bid 8 million on an 18 year old with 30 minutes if he is not open to the move.

I said Cole Palmer because they are both trying to break into the team, doubt they can break into the team together even if they play different positions, there is barely space in the squad for an extra player. Sure McAtee might be the one who makes it but the odds are not in his favor

Unfortunately I think you are right.

I am pretty sure we can pay him whatever brighton is offering right now. McAtee has only played 30 minutes of senior football btw, so I don’t know why you think brighton would offer him big money.
I think you are missing the point.

Who said he wants to leave? He's also not competing with Cole Palmer as they play in different positions.

he absolutely is competing with Palmer. Only one of them will make the bench. For cup games I can’t see both of them playing .

mcatee has a choice between not playing any first team football or getting that with Brighton.

I wouldn't be surprised if the kid pushes for this move.Potter plays great football and he will be straight into the squad IMO.Its a fantastic opportunity.

We either need to find him a great loan or show him some encouragement by involving him in the match day squads.Im not convinced we will find another player,despite the amazing talent,with the patience of Foden.

All this clear pathway stuff is just fan talk. We're not going to weaken our side at any point to accommodate potential and I don't believe any player or their people expect that unless they're already up their own arse and have a shit attitude. No club fighting for trophies does that, that's only what you do when you've realistically got no chance of winning.

The challenge for the kids is to turn that potential into reality and force their way in even when there's worlds class players ahead of you, that's what you have to do to make it at the very top.

Other clubs have a habit of signing their top youth on long term contracts just before loaning them out, don't think we do this enough. I know Pep and city have this la masia approach of wanting all our kids to stay here and train in our style with the first team but they all had barca B playing competitive football every week to help them along, the eds just doesn't cut it, we have the likes of Mcatee, Delap, Palmer etc smashing it every week, they've outgrown that already. unless we have a generational superstar like foden capable of slotting straight in we have to bridge the huge gap between eds and first team with good loans. Wasn't there talk of linking up with Swansea recently? That kind of club could do wonders for a few of our better prospects
with all the respect that's rubbish nonsense.

Jamal Musiala has 357 minutes for bayern this season, he's 18. playing in the CL. if you're good enough even big clubs will give you minutes.

camavinga starts for real.

Same old moaning again. McAtee is nineteen next month. How many 19 year olds are regularly playing Premier League football? Why should he leave? Will he be a regular at all these other clubs? Will he win anything at all these other clubs? Get a grip. He's going nowhere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.