James McAtee

I'll let you inform everyone exactly how many games those three have played since leaving Chelsea. I'll give you a clue..........not many.
By the way, you didn't answer my question of how many 19 year olds are playing regularly in the Premier League.
Livramento has been arguably one of the best fullbacks in the league this season. Bate isn’t playing granted but he isn’t on the same level as we are talking about with McAtee and Livramento. Anjorin I can’t really comment on but his point stands regardless.

So Livramento is a superstar after SEVEN matches (six more than McAtee, the same as Tommy Doyle for us and one less than Taylor Harwood-Bellis for us) and in a far inferior squad. Bate has played one EFL match. Anjorin is playing in the Russian league.
Maybe, on reflection, McAtee is going nowhere. Best to fuck off along with Mbete-Tabu, Callum Doyle, Cole Palmer, Tommy Doyle and the rest of our academy lads. The grass is far greener at clubs where winning trophies is not an option.
Better still, lets close the academy down altogether, it's a waste of time and money because no-one will ever get a game for us.

Last edited:
So Livramento is a superstar after SEVEN matches (six more than McAtee, the same as Tommy Doyle for us and one less than Taylor Harwood-Bellis for us) and in a far inferior squad. Bate has played one EFL match. Anjorin is playing in the Russian league.
Maybe, on reflection, McAtee is going nowhere. Best to fuck off along with Mbete-Tabu, Callum Doyle, Cole Palmer, Tommy Doyle and the rest of our academy lads. The grass is far greener at clubs where winning trophies is not an option.
Better still, lets close the academy down altogether, it's a waste of time and money because no-one will ever get a game for us.

No one claimed Livramento is a superstar, you asked how many games the 19 year olds were playing, inferring not many and it was highlighted he had started 7 games.

Anjorin could have moved to more ‘glamourous clubs’ but because of his desire to play went to the Russian League and has already faced the likes of Marseille (scoring) and Lazio in the Europa league.

No one is suggesting Mcatee should be starting away at Chelsea/Anfield etc but we need to find him a bit of game time at the club or we risk losing him. We will go through the course of this season and their will be occasions when were comfortably winning matches, giving the likes of him and Palmer etc a bit more game time then and cup matches in the early rounds will only help their development. And if the world does not cave in during these matches, the manager then has extra options going forward with more confidemce the young lads wont let him down. Its a win-win.

Last edited:
Is he a City fan btw?
Think I heard about a year ago that he was at the Rags academy in his very early development but he never ever wanted to be there cos he's a fellow blue, his older brother John (plays for someone like Scunthorpe I think or did) is a Rag fan and James McAtee is a City fan but their dad wasn't taking both sons to different academy's... and seeing as his older brother was already with them James was forced to join them too until the Rags released his brother.

At which point James informed his dad he wanted to leave immediately to be with us, honestly not sure exactly where I heard this or if it's the wrong info but that's what I was lead to believe that he's defo a blue.

You seem to be taking this personally. Livaramento has played every game for Southampton and will probably rejoin Chelsea in a couple of years. His career will be far better than if he’d just stayed at Chelsea behind James and Azpilcueta.

I wouldn’t be against doing the same with Mcatee if he won’t sign a new deal.

Regarding his potential pathway to the first team; who would have likely replace - Gundogan/B Silva (if he leaves)?

No one claimed Livramento is a superstar, you asked how many 19 games the 19 year olds were playing, inferring not many and it was highlighted he had started 7 games.

Anjorin could have moved to more ‘glamourous clubs’ but because of his desire to play went to the Russian League and has already faced the likes of Marseille (scoring) and Lazio in the Europa league.

No one is suggesting Mcatee should be starting away at Chelsea/Anfield etc but we need to find him a bit of game time at the club or we risk losing him. We will go through the course of this season and their will be occasions when were comfortably winning matches, giving the likes of him and Palmer etc a bit more game time then and cup matches in the early rounds will only help their development. And if the world does not cave in during these matches, the manager then has extra options going forward with more confidemce the young lads wont let him down. Its a win-win.

All very well in theory, but their game time would come at the expense of game time for Torres , Stones, Ake , Zinchenko, etc. And then they wouldn't be happy.
Sancho reportedly left because he wanted game time at 17/18, don't believe he would be any nearer a regular now.
Some of the same folk who clamour for our very special youngsters to be given game time moan like fuck about regulars who drop their levels below perceived elite level.
More of an issue is the placement of those going out on loan, City need good relations with clubs where Mcatee, Delap etc,get experience at the best level.

You seem to be taking this personally. Livaramento has played every game for Southampton and will probably rejoin Chelsea in a couple of years. His career will be far better than if he’d just stayed at Chelsea behind James and Azpilcueta.

I wouldn’t be against doing the same with Mcatee if he won’t sign a new deal.
Maybe /maybe not. I just get very weary of the negativity of people on here. For example, we won't / can't sign player X, Y or Z but Real Madrid / Barcelona / Dippers / Scum can. We don't give academy players a chance etc, etc. All our players are shit, eg FFS Mahrez, Pep is leaving tomorrow afternoon. You get the idea.
Why can't these folk see what we have got (and I reckon that our academy has now surpassed Chelsea's) and look at the squad, the financial position, the stability and, most of all, the trophies and come to the conclusion that we are the best run club in world football.
It's bad enough seeing the negativity we get in the media without BM chipping in with more.

Maybe /maybe not. I just get very weary of the negativity of people on here. For example, we won't / can't sign player X, Y or Z but Real Madrid / Barcelona / Dippers / Scum can. We don't give academy players a chance etc, etc. All our players are shit, eg FFS Mahrez, Pep is leaving tomorrow afternoon. You get the idea.
Why can't these folk see what we have got (and I reckon that our academy has now surpassed Chelsea's) and look at the squad, the financial position, the stability and, most of all, the trophies and come to the conclusion that we are the best run club in world football.
It's bad enough seeing the negativity we get in the media without BM chipping in with more.
Like everybody on this thread I would like our Academy kids to get game time in the Premier league but who do we leave out, the reason why Pep wants five subs is that in certain games If we are winning convincingly, he could " blood " some of our brilliant kids.

Very good I have the same thoughts. People seem to want 7 or 8 new players all the time, cannot see the strength of the current squad and the professionalism of our managerial elite, rather than complain about some 2 bit jobsworth security guard, And shite beer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.