James McAtee

It seems we can only introduce one player at a time. I mean why can't Lavia, Mcatee and Edozie be introduced instead of waiting around another year or two after Palmer?
That's not quite true though. When Foden first emerged, Diaz was getting a similar amount of minutes too. Later on Garcia was blooded into the team at the same rate as Foden until he announced he was leaving. Harwood-Bellis was being steadily streamed in before his mishap and it's almost guaranteed we'd have seen Delap alongside Palmer right now had he been injury free. Of course Doyle was seeing some minutes too at one stage.

We don't know what's going on behind the scenes but it's very likely the upper limit is 2-3 players, but what gets them minutes is probably based off of a mountain of different things.

I don't know what's happening with McAtee and given the amount of talent I've seen the admittedly few times I've seen him play it'd be a big shame to lose him. But if he doesn't want to stay around and be patient then that's perfectly ok for him to feel that way and I wish him the best.

Unless he signs for United or Liverpool, which would be a real shame.

I think these young players are intelligent and generally well advised.
When we have a possible opening in the squad, we tend to go out and buy.
Apart from the financial impact, would we be any better/worse off than we are now if Grealish was still at Villa and Palmer getting more game time.
This has to be on the minds of the likes of McAtee.
At the end of the day we have one of the best academies around with excellent academic support but a dire record of promoting talent to the first team. Measures that were put in place after the takeover are now starting to produce some really good young talent who if they see no pathway will leave.

Why are they incomparable ?.

By pissing in the wind , do you mean he should be playing premier league football regularly, and would be elsewhere. ?

We are probably not far apart on our evaluation of the player, other than you might have watched him live more than I have.

The biggest step is his next one, even bigger if it is to play for the Champions of England.

He should look at Mason Mount ( is this comparable ?) Did the hard yards before he became a Chelsea and England International.
Ireland is miles off the talent Mcatee is,and we also have billions in the bank......thats why they are incomparable.

Mason Mount is a very good comparison,Chelsea recognised his potential and sorted him with great loans from age 18.

shameful and a betrayal if he goes to a rival. absolutely showing no patience and thankfulness to the coaches and the club who developed him.

Why oh why are we selling our up and coming youth and at the same time looking to spend a kings ransom on other teams up and coming youth?

Why oh why are we selling our up and coming youth and at the same time looking to spend a kings ransom on other teams up and coming youth?
they arent selling him,they offered him a contract which he doesnt want to sign

I may be missing something here but why wouldn't City just sell to a Brighton, insert a buyback instead of running the risk of McAtee running down his deal and moving to a major rival?

The Pep paradox. Won't pick a young lad who won't commit long-term. Lad won't commit unless he gets picked. He will piss about picking Raz though when he wants to go.

It's not Pep who loses out, it's the club and fans when one of their own, their homegrown David Silva is playing against them at Old Trafford or Anfield for the next 10/15 years and battering us.

I'd happily go without trophies this year if it means Lavia, McAtee, Palmer and Delap are all part of the first team squad, signed up long-term and at least 2 of them on the pitch at some point in most games, because for the future of the club I think it protects us a damn site more from Pep leaving with our over-reliance on buying for him and we'd win 2x/3x the trophies in the next decade with them.

As Barca showed, coping with a manager like Pep leaving is about having homegrown stars who have such pride in the shirt they carry the team on. Once Barca fucked off La Masia for half a decade and spent hundreds of millions on crap they fell apart.

Pep has to be made to swallow his pride on this one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.