James McAtee

It was clear the other night he was going through the motions and would far rather have been elsewhere.I suspect he is watching Palmer and thinking what more can i do?

Yes he was poor the other night.

If a young player just concentrates on his own performance and he is as good as he thinks he will get to the level he desires sooner or later.
The Brighton thing has obviously affected him, but if he thinks United or Liverpool offer him a quicker route to the first team, he may be wrong.
Footballers like Water find their level, and it is not always their skill set on the field that determines this.
If he is letting his level drop because he wants out , that tells us something.
Shame if that is the case, fine young potential, so was Stephen Ireland.

Think we can forget this kid now, he is quite clearly leaving us.

Because a random journalist with a low hit rate from sun sport says united and liverpool are interested. I could’ve told you united and Liverpool wanted McAtee, any club in the world who can spot a semi decent footballer wants him. He may be going but this does nothing to show that

I don’t think Brighton would have bid for him in the summer unless the rest of the PL (and probably certain German clubs) are fully aware of his intentions. There’s a scrap on for him and Brighton tried their luck at being the first mover.
I agree with this. The only reason Brighton will bid is because they’ve had some sort of hunch that he’s attainable. But then that’s either because he’s decided he won’t sign a new deal or the agent is trying to pressure city into a better offer.

Shame if that is the case, fine young potential, so was Stephen Ireland.

In a different lifetime and scenario,and very much on a different level.

I get it was a clever remark,but let's be clear....they are incomparable.

As for what a downbeat performance tells us about the kid.....yes,maybe ideally he should keep banging on the door,but there will also come a point where he becomes fed up with pissing in the wind.....especially when he has incredible opportunity elsewhere.

It was obvious something was up. After the Wycombe game Pep namechecked virtually every academy player but left him out. Thought it was weird at the time.
there was nothing in this at all. Pep namechecks a different 4/5 players every time he speaks about the academy, Palmer is usually the only consistency and up until that game (after Brugge not Wycombe) McAtee had been mentioned nearly every time. The same night he got name checked by Cancelo with no prompt, so I doubt anything was or is decided and pep instantly went “no I’m not namechecking this guy anymore”

It seems we can only introduce one player at a time. I mean why can't Lavia, Mcatee and Edozie be introduced instead of waiting around another year or two after Palmer?

I think these young players are intelligent and generally well advised.
When we have a possible opening in the squad, we tend to go out and buy.
Apart from the financial impact, would we be any better/worse off than we are now if Grealish was still at Villa and Palmer getting more game time.
This has to be on the minds of the likes of McAtee.

In a different lifetime and scenario,and very much on a different level.

I get it was a clever remark,but let's be clear....they are incomparable.

As for what a downbeat performance tells us about the kid.....yes,maybe ideally he should keep banging on the door,but there will also come a point where he becomes fed up with pissing in the wind.....especially when he has incredible opportunity elsewhere.

Why are they incomparable ?.

By pissing in the wind , do you mean he should be playing premier league football regularly, and would be elsewhere. ?

We are probably not far apart on our evaluation of the player, other than you might have watched him live more than I have.

The biggest step is his next one, even bigger if it is to play for the Champions of England.

He should look at Mason Mount ( is this comparable ?) Did the hard yards before he became a Chelsea and England International.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.