James McAtee

Sancho 2.0, perhaps we can now understand why these youth players feel the way they do. Give them a chance instead of splashing loads on other youth players from Spain.

Nah.

There's no comparison to Sancho at all.

When Sancho decided to leave, no academy player had come through to play regularly for the first team since Micah in 2005. 12 very long years full of false dawns, and not only that, Pep was very publicly trying to sign Alexis Sanchez in his position.

McAtee has just seen Foden come through and become one of the best players in the world after loads of people thought he was being held back, and everyone now saying how right he was to be patient. This season he can see the same happening to Palmer who's already made 6 appearances in our 15 games.

A month ago he made his first team debut with CJ Egan Riley, Wilson Esbrand, Mbete, Lavia, Edozie.

There were loads of reasons for Sancho to think he wasn't going to get a chance. McAtee has no reason to think he won't.

To top it off, Sancho is from london and was here for 2 years. He never made any pretences that he was doing anything other than getting the best football education he could. McAtee is a lifelong City fan who's been here 9 years.

Nah.

There's no comparison to Sancho at all.

When Sancho decided to leave, no academy player had come through to play regularly for the first team since Micah in 2005. 12 very long years full of false dawns, and not only that, Pep was very publicly trying to sign Alexis Sanchez in his position.

McAtee has just seen Foden come through and become one of the best players in the world after loads of people thought he was being held back, and everyone now saying how right he was to be patient. This season he can see the same happening to Palmer who's already made 6 appearances in our 15 games.

A month ago he made his first team debut with CJ Egan Riley, Wilson Esbrand, Mbete, Lavia, Edozie.

There were loads of reasons for Sancho to think he wasn't going to get a chance. McAtee has no reason to think he won't.

To top it off, Sancho is from london and was here for 2 years. He never made any pretences that he was doing anything other than getting the best football education he could. McAtee is a lifelong City fan who's been here 9 years.
exactly this feels like a betrayal by McAtee to all the coaches and the club who helped him grow. it seems like he is chasing immediate money and fame. he is probably got carried away by his own hype.

exactly this feels like a betrayal by McAtee to all the coaches and the club who helped him grow. it seems like he is chasing immediate money and fame. he is probably got carried away by his own hype.

He's dead to me now!

Unless he signs a contract then he will be resurrected and I will tattoo his name onto all of my grandchildren's arms :)

you have no idea on that to be fair. Sounds like he just wants to play first team football

which he wont get at liverpool and united,did bobby duncan get in liverpool first team and where is mcneill at united

The United/ Liverpool news is just gossip and probably isn’t true. I never said and I don’t think he’s moving there, especially if he wants first team football

because we have Foden, Grealish, Mahrez, Jesus who can all play in Raz's spot, he's been shit for ages and is making noises to leave. Still gets picked.

Meanwhile the future of the team who has Gundogan and Kev in front of him can't get half an hour off the bench instead. Raz can sit in the stands because we don't need him and McAtee and Palmer can have the bench spots and starting spots in rotation. We can cling on to past glories and fall further behind or we can blood the future and actually have a stab of succeeding for the next decade. Maybe with homegrown lads who won't bottle CL finals they were shoehorned into a successful side to fuck up for us.
Nasty.

You're talking to a poster who already has a little mini-hate campaign against Samuel Edozie because although he's just an 18 year old academy player trying his best, he's not Mancunian enough, so Pannick refers to him as dozy and slags off everything he does and gets upset with Pep including him.

Last edited:
Who is in McAtees position?

Gundogan - may or may not be getting an extension

KDB - long term contract

Bernard - who knows whether he's contempt here now

Probably looking at Mahrez and Sterling if they might move on in the next couple of years?

Who is in McAtees position?

Gundogan - may or may not be getting an extension

KDB - long term contract

Bernard - who knows whether he's contempt here now

Probably looking at Mahrez and Sterling if they might move on in the next couple of years?
Yeah that's why I'm not buying this rumour unless the source is way more reputable than the fucking Sun.

He's a City fan, Gundogan and KdB are 30 years old (11 years older), the pathway is so clear here.

Palmer played as the false 9 in a recent game, and while Pep has played him in midfield, I think this is just for his education, I hope Pep see's Palmer as the natural Mahrez replacement.

Edozie replaces Sterling. Delap is a striker, any of the names Pep drops aren't in McAtee's position tbh.

He has to see where Foden is at, he will get increasing minutes over the next 2 years, and by 21 I can really see him explode. Gundogan and KdB are only going down from here and we are seeing the signs, age hits everyone, as it did Dinho.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.