James McAtee

Look at Tommy Doyle barely playing for Hamburg

So bloody frustrating for these players .

Other than paying the clubs to play them ( and I assume we are paying their wages whilst on loan ) how do we ensure that they get playing time ?

Sending them to lower level clubs in the FL seems to be the only way they get to play regularly.

Some strange posts here and it's hard to believe that some people have seen him play. He has vision, technique, balance, finishing ability and dribbling skills. Allied to that, he is scoring goals and lots of them. He clearly is on the cusp of becoming a very good professional and he already has suitors that we know of. In my view, he has earned his chance, as has Palmer, and I hope that he is given it as there will be a time when his patience, or probably his family/agent's patience will wear out and that is always a risk because we are pursuing trophies at the highest levels of the game.

I have always said that it means a little more to me to bring through top-quality local players than to guarantee trophies. I suspect it's because I was born in Moss Side in 1968 and we won nothing for most of that time. Regardless, there is something special about 'one of your own' becoming a star.
Excellent post. James is an excellent player and a big prospect for the future. Palmer is ahead of him in the pecking order by probably being a year further along in terms of development and, from what I’ve seen, is currently more suited to the possession based football we play.

Hopefully, both lads will be top players for us and it’s impossible to say which of them will have the better career at this early stage.

Look at Tommy Doyle barely playing for Hamburg

So bloody frustrating for these players .

Other than paying the clubs to play them ( and I assume we are paying their wages whilst on loan ) how do we ensure that they get playing time ?

Sending them to lower level clubs in the FL seems to be the only way they get to play regularly.

Tommy's played in each of hamburg's last 5 games, it's pretty clear to anyone following it that he's being gradually integrated into the team after moving to a new club in a new country where he doesn't speak the language only 8 weeks ago.

Tommy's played in each of hamburg's last 5 games, it's pretty clear to anyone following it that he's being gradually integrated into the team after moving to a new club in a new country where he doesn't speak the language only 8 weeks ago.

Thank you for the update. I don't follow other leagues and it seemed that he wasn't getting much game time.

Smarminess is such an unattractive charcteristic imo

he could be a great prospect. but without good coaching he will never realize his full potential. he is not some great individual talent. he needs a team playing around his strengths like sancho. lets see where he chooses to go.
absolutely not. what is his individual talent. does he dribble like messi? has pace like raheem? is he a physical beast? no to all that. his game relies on passing. he needs a good coach to develop him and set up the team to play the correct passing game.
again that makes no sense. you make no points to contradict me. he has no individual skills on his own to make a difference. he needs a good coach and system to stand out. put him in a burnley side and see what difference mcatee makes. he is not like KDB or Foden who can stand out in any team
palmer has more individual standout qualities than mcatee and that is a fact.
Haha, jesus wept. Did McAtee murder your family or something? If that`s your opinion on him you clearly have never seen him play, so I`d suggest you either educate yourself or stop talking bollocks

absolutely not. what is his individual talent. does he dribble like messi? has pace like raheem? is he a physical beast? no to all that. his game relies on passing. he needs a good coach to develop him and set up the team to play the correct passing game.
You could say the exact same about David silva, iniesta, Xavi, Fabregas the list goes on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.