James McAtee

certainly has talent to be a great player in a well managed team structure with a good coach like ours. the next step will be crucial for him, if he make the wrong move to the wrong team or manager he will lose all his development. unfortunately his head seems to have turned by other teams and he seems to have brought into his own hype instead of listening to the people who developed him till now a shame.

certainly has talent to be a great player in a well managed team structure with a good coach like ours. the next step will be crucial for him, if he make the wrong move to the wrong team or manager he will lose all his development. unfortunately his head seems to have turned by other teams and he seems to have brought into his own hype instead of listening to the people who developed him till now a shame.

If he goes elsewhere and immediately gets regular minutes, I can't wait for everyone on here to start talking about how he "left for money", "bought into his own hype", "got bad advice from greedy agents" or "wasn't patient enough".

If someone is this good, you give them minutes to prove to them that they have a future here, surely? The whole back half of the side vs Wycombe was youngsters, not one of them as talented as McAtee IMO, and James only got twenty minutes- I can fully empathise with him if he thought that was kind of bullshit.

Sancho was not wrong to leave for gametime. Brahim was not wrong to leave for gametime. Many of our players have thrived at other clubs either on loan or permanently as soon as they got minutes- Jason Denayer had a spell as captain of a Champions League team and Angeliño is one of the best crossers in Europe.

The only guy to properly break into our first team from the academy is Foden. Think about that- it literally took one of the greatest young talents of the 21st century for us to give someone a proper chance.

When are we gonna just accept that we, the only common denominator, are the problem?

If he goes elsewhere and immediately gets regular minutes, I can't wait for everyone on here to start talking about how he "left for money", "bought into his own hype", "got bad advice from greedy agents" or "wasn't patient enough".

If someone is this good, you give them minutes to prove to them that they have a future here, surely? The whole back half of the side vs Wycombe was youngsters, not one of them as talented as McAtee IMO, and James only got twenty minutes- I can fully empathise with him if he thought that was kind of bullshit.

Sancho was not wrong to leave for gametime. Brahim was not wrong to leave for gametime. Many of our players have thrived at other clubs either on loan or permanently as soon as they got minutes- Jason Denayer had a spell as captain of a Champions League team and Angeliño is one of the best crossers in Europe.

The only guy to properly break into our first team from the academy is Foden. Think about that- it literally took one of the greatest young talents of the 21st century for us to give someone a proper chance.

When are we gonna just accept that we, the only common denominator, are the problem?
So you think any of those you named are good enough for us now after their miraculous development elsewhere?

He’s brought into his own hype by…….scoring a hat-trick?! Fucking hell, I hope he buys into it even more then because nobody else in that team can score.

So you think any of those you named are good enough for us now after their miraculous development elsewhere?

Yeah. Sancho (until recently) was good enough to start for us, and was only going to get better. If we'd given him a chance he'd have stayed here and developed under Pep. His career could be a disaster now he's signed for United but that wasn't anything to do with how talented he was. The player he was before the United debacle started would get in this team ahead of the current versions of Mahrez, Grealish and Sterling.

Denayer is better than a fair few of the centre-backs we've had over the years, and would have been even better if given time under Pep. He could easily play the role Aké and Garcia have played for us recently, is better than Mangala ended up being and wouldn't have had the £40m price tag of Aké or Mangala.

Brahim no. He's on the up but probably will never be good enough for us. The point with him is that the people who said he was leaving for money were talking out of their arse.

Angeliño probably was never gonna work for us under Pep but the next manager will likely be someone who favours wing-backs (as that's bloody everyone these days) and Angeliño is one of the best in the world at that role.

My point is these people aren't even given a proper chance, then we ship them out and act like they didn't have a perfectly good reason for seeking more gametime.

He's a fantastic player. Genuinely excellent, but he was also a part of a poor team performance today. Far too individualistic all around and sloppy. They need to start keeping the ball better to impress. The goals are impressive, but controlling the game would be more so. They aren't right now and that falls on McAtee too.

Yeah. Sancho (until recently) was good enough to start for us, and was only going to get better. If we'd given him a chance he'd have stayed here and developed under Pep. His career could be a disaster now he's signed for United but that wasn't anything to do with how talented he was. The player he was before the United debacle started would get in this team ahead of the current versions of Mahrez, Grealish and Sterling.

Denayer is better than a fair few of the centre-backs we've had over the years, and would have been even better if given time under Pep. He could easily play the role Aké and Garcia have played for us recently, is better than Mangala ended up being and wouldn't have had the £40m price tag of Aké or Mangala.

Brahim no. He's on the up but probably will never be good enough for us. The point with him is that the people who said he was leaving for money were talking out of their arse.

probably was never gonna work for us under Pep but the next manager will likely be someone who favours wing-backs (as that's bloody everyone these days) and Angeliño is one of the best in the world at that role.

My point is these people aren't even given a proper chance, then we ship them out and act like they didn't have a perfectly good reason for seeking more gametime.
Sancho was just 16 when he decided he was leaving despite City offering to make him the highest paid teenager in our history. He wasn't anywhere close to starting for us at that time, but with what we were offering it was obvious to all that we thought he'd make it with us (with just a little patience). Blaming City for him going is bollocks.

Denayer then is a would have/should have? Or maybe not?

Brahim we agree on, although I can't recall anyone saying he left for the money. Real tapped him up with promises of 1st team games and played him the minimum number of games agreed in his contract and then promptly dropped him.

Angeliño will be 25 shortly and if he's one of the best in the world playing wing-back (which everybody plays don't forget) then how come he's still at RB Leipzig?

He's a fantastic player. Genuinely excellent, but he was also a part of a poor team performance today. Far too individualistic all around and sloppy. They need to start keeping the ball better to impress. The goals are impressive, but controlling the game would be more so. They aren't right now and that falls on McAtee too.
That performance today was as poor as I have seen from one of our youth teams. From front to back they were pretty horrendous. McAtee caught the eye for the flamboyant stuff but my god our midfield was only marginally better than our defence and I certainly didn't see him stand out off the ball. Almost uniquely for a City team, they looked like they hadn't been coached in some of the basics of the game.

Maybe this set of players isn’t good enough to be controlling games like that? Apart from McAtee and Lavia (who had a shocker) I wouldn’t say many of them were great passers

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.