James Milner to West Ham

zeven said:
kp789 said:
zeven said:
Milner will never be a center mid in our team.
Why not? He is certainly versatile, but as a centre mid he is phenomenal. Not as good as Yaya and potentially Fernandinho. But who else in our team is better in his position?
Barry and Silva, and im afraid even rodwell will be infront of him.

He has done such a good job out wide, his chances to play in the center has vanshied.
Rodwell yes, but In terms of a centre mid position, I would choose Milner over Barry and Silva, especially a more holding role, Silva would be ineffectual.

I think we'd consider it strongly if the £ was right (20m+), but only if we had a better alternative boxed off.

Milner is a very good premiership player and grafts his nuts off, but in all honesty he disappears in the CL.

While I agree Milners work rate and attitude are first class, when has anyone ever seen him grab a game and take control...it happens very very rarely. His contribution defensively to the team is unquestionable BUT his contribution to the team in an attacking sense is. He gets in good positions but his final delivery is mostly poor. He has a dcent shot on him as we all know but is he ever going to be played more centrally in our team ....?? IS he better than Yaya, silva ferdnanhio??...I dont think he is.

Could he play in Barry's position (now with ferdnandhio in there as well???????

I undestand we need an english quota of players but from an attackig point of view JM needs to step it up considerably

andrewmswift said:
unless it's for mid-20 millions and we're bringing in someone we haven't been linked with before, i would be stunned

Not the only one! one of our best players last season ( not saying much that though!) we need his industry and commitment, the way he tracks back and busts a gut is up there with Tevez, if not above in work rate!
We need him for the physicality of the Prem, look at the way Barca got muscled out of the CL Semi, there needs to be that mixture of silk and steel, and if Barry goes, then who will do that job? he can easily link up with fast the fast passing game of Silva-Aguero-Tevez-Navas-Yaya etc.. and has proved it on many occasion, not to mention a few goals in him too.
I'm sure it's bollox, Pellegrini will see his worth

Good work rate ect but lacks the end product IMO . Loses the ball too much as well.I like the guy but I'd be up for letting him go if it were to make way for a better replacement .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.