James Milner

Davs 19 said:
FantasyIreland said:
Puppet Master Silva said:
Created loads of chances today, he'll sign a new contract soon I'm sure of it.

I thought he wasted plenty,however......he never gave up and was always there to try and create,whats more impressive is his willingness to defend as well,on more than one occasion he was box to box in his efforts.

Close call for my MOTM.

Definitely Dave for me but Jimmy wasn't too far behind. Underrated by many but I think that's starting to change

Underrated by the close minded and clueless, but more and more are beginning to cotton on to the fact that Milner has actually got a lot more to his game than being the runner or spoiler that the cliche about him would suggest.

Has anyone else noticed that 'mechanism' that him and Aguero have going on? Milner picks it up on the right and immediately looks to ping it into Aguero's feet so he can run straight into the channel between the left back and left centre-back. It resulted in Kun's goal yesterday and was very effective against Hull. It looks like they've been working on it in training and it's great to see Milner's intelligence being utilised so successfully.

Bluewonder said:
Has anyone else noticed that 'mechanism' that him and Aguero have going on? Milner picks it up on the right and immediately looks to ping it into Aguero's feet so he can run straight into the channel between the left back and left centre-back. It resulted in Kun's goal yesterday and was very effective against Hull. It looks like they've been working on it in training and it's great to see Milner's intelligence being utilised so successfully.

He had a similar through ball against Bayern that Sergio could have scored off

bluechampion7891 said:
Bluewonder said:

He had a similar through ball against Bayern that Sergio could have scored off
That isn't exactly the 'move' I'm referring to but you're spot-on. That one was where he drifted inside to create an overload then released Aguero into the other channel. It was the same move as when Aguero hit the post yesterday! It just shows the benefits of having such an adaptable and intelligent footballer in your team.

Deserves this run of games, he's been a key player for us the last few weeks.

Hope this run of games continues after the international break - looks like Pellegrini is realising how important to the team he is.

He is playing well I believe due to playing regularly now. I am sure his confidence levels are up and the fact that Nasri is injured has assisted in him getting more game time. He was superb against Chelsea. I agree, hopefully he signs. A top pro.

There is a lot to be said for the industry and steel Milner brings to the team, he is currently playing as consistently well as I've seen since he came to the club. Nasri is going to have to work his bollocks off once fit to displace him from the team as on this form he should be undroppable.

If we are to play with 2 up top then Milner has to play provides the balance to the side

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.