James Milner

Showed desire and effort, but Milner is usually poor at home against smaller teams.. Very good in big games at home and regularly away from home.

i think recently we've seen Milner's effort coupled with some brain power to produce very good performances but last night was just pure running about. Thinking about your game goes a long long way in football.

Fantastic workrate and with some of the performances from our more talented players at the moment he deserves to be starting. However, when Milner is anything more than a squad player with where we want to be then it shows our current problems. So many times you see his lack of class when it really matters. Against Moscow when we were 2-0 up Toure chipped an absolutely perfect pass to him in space inside the box. He just needed to cushion the ball back 10 yards across the the 6 yard box and it's 3-0, the ball ended up safely in the keepers hands at the near post. Another time in the box last night he had time to just roll the ball across for another almost certain goal, he put it out for a throw in. I like Milner but there are examples of this lack of genuine quality from him most games. His failure to nail down a place in such a woeful England team speaks volumes.

Craig said:
I like Milner but there are examples of this lack of genuine quality from him most games.
He's an English player. Will run through brick walls but doesn't really have much of a clue what to do once he's run through them. That's a shame as will some consistent end-product he'd be awesome.

Could we breed him with Yaya Toure? We might get a player with tremendous skill plus a fantastic workrate. On the other hand, we might get a lazy arse who can't pass to save his life...

Ray78 said:
dobobobo said:
Should be captain when Vinny isn't playing.

Not quite captain material and not quite good enough to become a regular starter.

That's my opinion also,however,he is currently a starting choice but,given the aspirations we have,he shouldn't be.

FantasyIreland said:
Ray78 said:
dobobobo said:
Should be captain when Vinny isn't playing.

Not quite captain material and not quite good enough to become a regular starter.

That's my opinion also,however,he is currently a starting choice but,given the aspirations we have,he shouldn't be.

Well on that basis, it says a lot about the other players in the squad then doesn't it.

Speaking ahead of this weekends game

"as a Leeds fan growing up and a City player now, United aren't my favourite team "

Go on Jimmy lad

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.