James Milner

Craig said:
Fantastic workrate and with some of the performances from our more talented players at the moment he deserves to be starting. However, when Milner is anything more than a squad player with where we want to be then it shows our current problems. So many times you see his lack of class when it really matters. Against Moscow when we were 2-0 up Toure chipped an absolutely perfect pass to him in space inside the box. He just needed to cushion the ball back 10 yards across the the 6 yard box and it's 3-0, the ball ended up safely in the keepers hands at the near post. Another time in the box last night he had time to just roll the ball across for another almost certain goal, he put it out for a throw in. I like Milner but there are examples of this lack of genuine quality from him most games. His failure to nail down a place in such a woeful England team speaks volumes.

So how about Aguero missing against West Ham from point blank range? Or Navas and Dzeko for that matter last night? And any number of examples for Silva. You can find individual examples for any player on earth. That shows nothing. Milner has been among our top 5 players (in any position) this year and until we get someone like an Eden Hazard, should be an automatic first team choice. Nasri is the only rival and he hasn't been in the same zip code for most of this calendar year.

lasereyes said:
Craig said:
Fantastic workrate and with some of the performances from our more talented players at the moment he deserves to be starting. However, when Milner is anything more than a squad player with where we want to be then it shows our current problems. So many times you see his lack of class when it really matters. Against Moscow when we were 2-0 up Toure chipped an absolutely perfect pass to him in space inside the box. He just needed to cushion the ball back 10 yards across the the 6 yard box and it's 3-0, the ball ended up safely in the keepers hands at the near post. Another time in the box last night he had time to just roll the ball across for another almost certain goal, he put it out for a throw in. I like Milner but there are examples of this lack of genuine quality from him most games. His failure to nail down a place in such a woeful England team speaks volumes.

So how about Aguero missing against West Ham from point blank range? Or Navas and Dzeko for that matter last night? And any number of examples for Silva. You can find individual examples for any player on earth. That shows nothing. Milner has been among our top 5 players (in any position) this year and until we get someone like an Eden Hazard, should be an automatic first team choice. Nasri is the only rival and he hasn't been in the same zip code for most of this calendar year.

Well I certainly believe Aguero should be sold as soon as possible. Obviously I knew a big Jimmy fan would say "well, you could mention individual things about anyone."They were just a couple of examples of why he is not quite good enough to be first choice in a top team though. Him not nailing down a place for England proves my point. Please don't mention players from the past not getting picked for England either because this current England team is as bad as it gets.

Craig said:
lasereyes said:
Craig said:

Well I certainly believe Aguero should be sold as soon as possible. Obviously I knew a big Jimmy fan would say "well, you could mention individual things about anyone."They were just a couple of examples of why he is not quite good enough to be first choice in a top team though. Him not nailing down a place for England proves my point. Please don't mention players from the past not getting picked for England either because this current England team is as bad as it gets.

Your post doesn't make sense.

Craig said:
lasereyes said:
Craig said:

Que?

dobobobo said:
FantasyIreland said:
Ray78 said:
Not quite captain material and not quite good enough to become a regular starter.

That's my opinion also,however,he is currently a starting choice but,given the aspirations we have,he shouldn't be.

Well on that basis, it says a lot about the other players in the squad then doesn't it.

That was my point.

Currently,too many underachievers.

Does not have the same technical brilliance as others but is still vastly underrated in this area, and good technique has got us nowhere recently. We need better work-rate and battle in the midfield and he gives us exactly that.

Should play a lot more minutes for us IMO.

Excellent for us in a big game yet again.

No problem with his being subbed if he was feeling something in his leg, and with the CSKA game in mind.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.