James Milner

RACHACE said:
Find it strange that some would scoff at the suggestion that Milner could be used to lead the line in our upcoming matches. Especially as he has experience of playing as a striker in his early life as a professional footballer.

He'd certainly be a better option than yaya that's for sure. I sometimes wonder if some blues actually watch the game as yaya would make dzeko look like Sergio or tevez with regards work rate up front. He has many qualities but playing as a makeshift striker wouldn't be one I wouldn't have thought.

Honestly, people do post some unsupported nonsense. You simply have not got a clue if Milner would be a better option than Yaya but given that Yaya is more skillful, more powerful, has more pace and is a better finisher, I would say that it is quite a stretch to suggest Milner is a better option.

I also get sick and tired of hearing about shite about lack of work rate for Yaya: the guy has more touches on the ball than any player in the league, which means there must be one hell of a lot of lazy fuckers in the EPL. Yo cannot get on the ball that much if you just stand around doing sod all. He already covers more yards in a game than Dzeko or Aguero normally would so there is no reason why he shouldn't adjust his game to cover less distance and do more sprints.

OB1 said:
RACHACE said:
Find it strange that some would scoff at the suggestion that Milner could be used to lead the line in our upcoming matches. Especially as he has experience of playing as a striker in his early life as a professional footballer.

He'd certainly be a better option than yaya that's for sure. I sometimes wonder if some blues actually watch the game as yaya would make dzeko look like Sergio or tevez with regards work rate up front. He has many qualities but playing as a makeshift striker wouldn't be one I wouldn't have thought.

1) Honestly, people do post some unsupported nonsense. You simply have not got a clue if Milner would be a better option than Yaya but given that Yaya is more skillful, more powerful, has more pace and is a better finisher, I would say that it is quite a stretch to suggest Milner is a better option.

I also get sick and tired of hearing about shite about lack of work rate for Yaya: 2) the guy has more touches on the ball than any player in the league, which means there must be one hell of a lot of lazy fuckers in the EPL. Yo cannot get on the ball that much if you just stand around doing sod all. 3) He already covers more yards in a game than Dzeko or Aguero normally would so there is no reason why he shouldn't adjust his game to cover less distance and do more sprints.

1) Looks like your just making the same point that RACHACE is making, but from an oposite point of view.

2) If you're a link up midfield player then you will get a lot of the ball, the stat that matters is pass completion/success.

3) Why are you comparing a defensive midfielder to two strikers?

Silva is probably the best option (watch the Spain vs Scotland video).

I think for yaya to be a make shift striker you would need milner also.
Milnrr would hive defender's a headache and maybe make space for yaya.
Yaya would also see milners runs to and put him through a bit.

Basically same as they do already just further up the pitch.

Ray78 said:

He doesn't shoot though.

I think the only reason he got a goal at West Ham was because he hit the ball in anger. Whatever the reason was why he did it, I wish that reason occured more often because he has it in him to score crackers, but he just won't shoot!

dobobobo said:
Ray78 said:

He doesn't shoot though.

I think the only reason he got a goal at West Ham was because he hit the ball in anger. Whatever the reason was why he did it, I wish that reason occured more often because he has it in him to score crackers, but he just won't shoot!

Yaya can do the spectacular stuff but get the rest of the team to work the openings Silva can finish.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbLkItgn5EE

dobobobo said:
Ray78 said:

He doesn't shoot though.

his record for Spain is very good.

bluechampion7891 said:
dobobobo said:
Ray78 said:

He doesn't shoot though.

his record for Spain is very good.

Yep, just wish he would aim to replicate it for us.

OB1 said:
RACHACE said:

Honestly, people do post some unsupported nonsense. You simply have not got a clue if Milner would be a better option than Yaya but given that Yaya is more skillful, more powerful, has more pace and is a better finisher, I would say that it is quite a stretch to suggest Milner is a better option.

I also get sick and tired of hearing about shite about lack of work rate for Yaya: the guy has more touches on the ball than any player in the league, which means there must be one hell of a lot of lazy fuckers in the EPL. Yo cannot get on the ball that much if you just stand around doing sod all. He already covers more yards in a game than Dzeko or Aguero normally would so there is no reason why he shouldn't adjust his game to cover less distance and do more sprints.

I agree with your comparison between the two players. So you suggest to take a far more equipped midfielder out of his natural position rather than one who is less equipped?

The situation as I see it is, were possibly in need of another option to Pozo. My opinion is that Milner not only would be better suited to the role but him being employed there would have less of an affect on the midfield too.

Personally I'd give Pozo an hour against Palace and see how we are. He should have scored against Everton and I wonder had he have scored his chance, would more blues be positive about him being up front.

I have also not once accused yaya of being lazy. However I cannot see him being the best option for a position that's going to require him to put constant pressure on defenders when were out of possession.

Out of the players who are regularly playing Yaya is the best fit purely due to his pace and power, Milner could do a job but silva isn't quick enough, I'm not sure nasri would be comited enough. I do though think the best options we have in our squad at present are Ambrose and Sinclair, am rose purely because it's his natural and he looks really promising and Sinclair is a decent player with experience and pace in behind.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.