James Milner

Played well in unfamiliar position. Having a great season. Deserves his own song.

adrianr said:
The Chief said:
Call me paranoid if you like but, when he got substituted and acknowledged the fans, it looked very much like a farewell. Spoke to another fan and they thought the same thing... Hope we're wrong. He's a hugely valuable asset.

Haha, if I had a quid for every time I've read that on here.

If I remember correctly just before his substitution he was sitting on the ground stretching his legs after another clash with the Palace bus. And he was involved in the fast counter attack. He was probably knackered, a little stiff, and no player likes being taken off.

Also remember that MP has to "nurse maid" his players over the next few games - don't want any more injuries.
He didn't give any indication of unhappiness in his after match interview.

chesterbells said:
The Chief said:
Call me paranoid if you like but, when he got substituted and acknowledged the fans, it looked very much like a farewell. Spoke to another fan and they thought the same thing... Hope we're wrong. He's a hugely valuable asset.

You may be paranoid pal
I think paranormal is the word your looking for

Silva gave a similar acknowledgment when he was subbed.

The team also acknowledged the fans at the end. Bugger, starting from scratch in Jan.

IMO he was out of position so didn't make the runs an everyday striker would but can't knock him for that.

He's the first player I've ever seen get a booking for having cramp, I'm guessing it was for some other misdemeanour that I missed, though with Dowd's overall performance, maybe it was just for having cramp.

I also thought he wasn't great first half, yes he ran about a lot, but mostly into the wrong areas for a striker (which he isn't), running about a lot doesn't mean played well. He was far better in the second half, when he seemed to spend less time charging about, and used his brain to link with the rest of the team, and it greatly helped us win 3-0.

He's not a striker though, and this emergency use there is hopefully a one off.

goatinho said:
contract as good as signed....it will happen.
Hopefully! Love the lad (for a Yorkshire bastard!).

I bet he's got some DOMS in his legs today after the stint he put in up front. He didn't stop running at any point in the game!

cleavers said:
He's the first player I've ever seen get a booking for having cramp, I'm guessing it was for some other misdemeanour that I missed, though with Dowd's overall performance, maybe it was just for having cramp.

I also thought he wasn't great first half, yes he ran about a lot, but mostly into the wrong areas for a striker (which he isn't), running about a lot doesn't mean played well. He was far better in the second half, when he seemed to spend less time charging about, and used his brain to link with the rest of the team, and it greatly helped us win 3-0.

He's not a striker though, and this emergency use there is hopefully a one off.

Aye, I agree. But, IMO I strongly believe he was running around a lot in the wrong areas to draw out some Palace players and thus freeing up Nasri and Silva.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.