James Milner

I agree with every point you make in that post.
But he didn't give up a ton of money. He got a larger signing on fee (it's Liverpool, everyone gets a signing on fee), and he's on more money.

He was the model pro when he was here, but he wasn't good enough to have his demands met. Now he's at a far inferior team, where he's still not good enough to command his own way.

But he didn't give up a ton of money. He got a larger signing on fee (it's Liverpool, everyone gets a signing on fee), and he's on more money.

He was the model pro when he was here, but he wasn't good enough to have his demands met. Now he's at a far inferior team, where he's still not good enough to command his own way.

I'm sure the increase in weekly salary we offered Jimmy would have cancelled out the signing-on fee he received from the Mourners.

A grafter and a professional, just nowhere near as good as he thinks he is or needs to be, for a top club. Fits in well at Liverpool.

I'm sure the increase in weekly salary we offered Jimmy would have cancelled out the signing-on fee he received from the Mourners.
By all accounts, no.

He got a bloody huge fee, because there was no transfer fee involved.

He knew what he was doing. I don't hold it against him, even though he stringed the club along for a year. But his excuses about playing time was a load of bollocks. And he's gone from being a utility player in a world class team, to being a utility player in an above average team, with a higher salary.

Cult hero for his team here, but he's hardly a saint.

By all accounts, no.

He got a bloody huge fee, because there was no transfer fee involved.

He knew what he was doing. I don't hold it against him, even though he stringed the club along for a year. But his excuses about playing time was a load of bollocks. And he's gone from being a utility player in a world class team, to being a utility player in an above average team, with a higher salary.

Cult hero for his team here, but he's hardly a saint.

This is never mentioned, he left for more money with his signing on fee and wages plus the length of contract he was very happy to move for the money.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.