James Trafford | Signed by Burnley for £19m

This is a good deal for all parties.
Was just looking at Ortega's age last night. He's a bit older than I initially thought, to be frank. But still, thirty's not all that much for a quality keeper. Which he is.
By the way — Zack Steffen's still on our books! Don't think we'll see any more of him, but he's still an MCFC employee.

So tricky keeping young keepers happy for obvious reasons. For his age he is perhaps the best in the UK but we can’t keep him waiting with two keepers in front of him blocking his path.

Reactions: kun
Can't say I know a lot about james Trafford, however if he is one of our keepers I'm sure he will be decent with his feet, and nowadays that is so important for teams wanting to play out from the back, 15m plus in that case is a bargain for a young keeper with that skillset and a very good prospect by all accounts
£15+£4 mill in add-ons (appearances and Burnley staying up maybe?) plus a 20 per cent profit sell-on clause, a buy-back clause and a matching offer clause. An excellent deal for all concerned I think for a very good 20 year goalie. I can see him coming back in 3 to 5 years time.

I just love the meltdown of rivals fans regarding this deal. They are saying it’s shady etc… thank you Burnley
I wonder what people think is shady about it. In the MEN today i read an article which quotes Cole Palmer saying Trafford is going to be a “World Class” keeper. Apparently they have been playing together for 9 years and Palmer says he has always known how great Trafford is.

£15m plus add ons for a young, potentially world class keeper is a steal. In a couple of years the “big teams“ could be sniffing around offering four or five times that amount.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.