Jamie Carragher

“We’ve got our competition back, because last season felt a bit flat… Might have had something to do with City winning it.” — Jamie Carragher, after the PSG-Barca match finished

Micah just laughed like an idiot again (genuinely have no idea what he supposedly does as a club ambassador).

What annoys me most about this, the “115 charges” jab, and his other comments about City is that there are a lot of new—particularly American fans—who are just starting to watch the CL via Paramount+ that will just take whatever he is saying (whether he tries to play it off as a joke or not) as reflective of reality.

And I genuinely think some of the stuff he and a few others say to demean and/or diminish the club’s accomplishments are designed for that intention. Fairly sure Carragher has been given talking points by the Liverpool brass.

I know many on here don’t care about new fans, as they tend to be bandwagoners, but their perception now impacts future perception, whether we like it or not, and can taint the wider fan recollection (as memories are always revisionist).

The more he and a few others do it, the more the broader discourse is moved to discounting City’s achievements (even more than they already are).

There doesn't seem to be a fanbase going (including the dippers) that enjoys him being on screen during sky's coverage.

The only people he seems to entertain are the plastic simpletons. As if we didn't know already, this is further evidence that they are their target audience and to fuck with the actual match going supporters.

Both him and Neville aren't professional enough for their jobs, they let their personal hate of City interfere with their supposedly neutral take on things.
Carragher saying that the other night made him look like a 10 year old.

That i agree with

I don't think you should be having them commentary screaming down the microphone when their ex team scores. I find it extremely unprofessional and unprofessionalism shouldn't be tolerated in any job.

It's a broadcast for everyone. If they wanna go work for MUTV and scream down the mic then by all means do it, not a problem.

Shouldn't be happening on Sky.

That i agree with

I don't think you should be having them commentary screaming down the microphone when their ex team scores. I find it extremely unprofessional and unprofessionalism shouldn't be tolerated in any job.

It's a broadcast for everyone. If they wanna go work for MUTV and scream down the mic then by all means do it, not a problem.

Shouldn't be happening on Sky.
Absolutely. I feel sorry for the Bournemouth, Fulham and Newcastle fans of the world. Well, anyone who tunes in to watch their team play one of the top sides - particularly United when Neville is on and especially Liverpool when Carragher is on - are playing their team.

They pay the same subscription fee as plastic red-shirts but must feel like extras in the show.

Imagine tuning in to watch your team play a vital relegation game against Liverpool. You're drawing the game and the point could be a precious one. Then Liverpool score a winner late on and not only do you have the stomach churning feeling that you've lost, but you have to listen to Spitty cheering on your opposition.

Gary Lineker makes his support of Leicester known to all and as much as his political views upset a lot of people, he is respectful to every team he comments on. In fact, the BBC aren't too bad compared to sky. Danny fucking Murphy struggles to hide his contempt for City but at least he isn't joining in with the Kop when the feral fuckers score. It's more sly digs and questionable comments about "leaving one on them".

Sky really have dragged football coverage into the gutter where the News of the World was left and the Sun belongs.

I detest this bloke. Stop giving him publicity, its all good publicity for him remember!

I propose no thread should EVER have his name in the title and all current ones should change it to Spitty with immediate effect. Everyone will still instantly understand who it is, and more importantly so will he and his associates.
But I want to call him a c*nt.

“We’ve got our competition back, because last season felt a bit flat… Might have had something to do with City winning it.” — Jamie Carragher, after the PSG-Barca match finished

Micah just laughed like an idiot again (genuinely have no idea what he supposedly does as a club ambassador).

What annoys me most about this, the “115 charges” jab, and his other comments about City is that there are a lot of new—particularly American fans—who are just starting to watch the CL via Paramount+ that will just take whatever he is saying (whether he tries to play it off as a joke or not) as reflective of reality.

And I genuinely think some of the stuff he and a few others say to demean and/or diminish the club’s accomplishments are designed for that intention. Fairly sure Carragher has been given talking points by the Liverpool brass.

I know many on here don’t care about new fans, as they tend to be bandwagoners, but their perception now impacts future perception, whether we like it or not, and can taint the wider fan recollection (as memories are always revisionist).

The more he and a few others do it, the more the broader discourse is moved to discounting City’s achievements (even more than they already are).
Any new fan that takes any notice of what he says isn't worth having, or paying any attention to. The bloke is a simpleton, it made me laugh how proud he was at himself at his 115 gag. Anyone who counts thought he looked.like an imbecile.

Any new fan that takes any notice of what he says isn't worth having, or paying any attention to. The bloke is a simpleton, it made me laugh how proud he was at himself at his 115 gag. Anyone who counts thought he looked.like an imbecile.
Exactly. he's embarrasing tbh. Those who know don't care and those who care don't know.

No wonder the bin dippers supporters are vile when they have pundits like him. Just an extended mouthpiece for their fanbase.

Watch The Overlap a fair bit to get other fanbases perspectives. He throws a strop every single time somebody has a different opinion to him. Bright red face and shaking his head. Love the Everton fan Barry or whatever he's called, winds Carragher up something chronic.

Last edited:
Exactly. he's embarrasing tbh. Those who know don't care and those who care don't know.

Again, the new fans and the audience watching shape the narrative in the future.

As much as we may not care about the new fans or the narrative as old fans, the club does and should care, as it impacts the reputation and thus the prosperity of the club. New fans are vital to being a sustainable business—we will simply not be able to maintain current operations without growing our fan base. There is a reason nearly every club (across the divisions) is running at a financial loss. Without fanbase growth (and, in turn, sponsorship and merchandising revenue growth)—or cash-via-equity injections—the football business is unsustainable. We were one of a handful of professional clubs in England that were in the black last season, and even that was largely because of the total prize money from our historic treble (itself in part based on increased viewership of our games around the world).

As Carragher and others ramp up these veiled attacks, more and more of the broader discourse and perception is influenced toward demeaning and diminishing the club’s achievements and sullying its reputation, which will have long term implications.

This isn’t occurring in a vacuum. The ownership of Arsenal, United, Liverpool, Bayern, Real Madrid, and Barca see that we have begun winning over new fans that would otherwise be theirs, especially in America, one of the biggest markets which contains potential fans with actual disposable income to be won (especially with the mounting economic struggles in Europe and China) and they are doing everything they can to stunt that growth.

These little digs may seem inconsequential, but they really aren’t.

And we may not take them seriously, but the club definitely does and should.

Edit: Probably a better discussion for one of the football finance threads but for those interested in the business implications in the context of the state of football finance in England (particularly in the Premier League), this is a decent very recent article from the BBC.

Last edited:
Yes hard to believe , especially when there are viable options for watching City's games, and their news is hardly exclusive .

Give the cunts nothing !
People think I'm joking when I say that I wouldn't have Sly Sports even if it were free. But I am being absolutely truthful. Back in the late 80's/early 90's Richard Keys, Andy Gray and Rag Tyler started dragging the whole concept of live televised football into the gutter with their constant rag sycophancy.
Tyler somehow managed to give the rags a mention in all of his commentaries, regardless of who was playing. He wore his drooling admiration for all things Pisscan like a badge of honour and called rag players by their first names. Sickening.
If this was rag TV you'd understand it, but as a City fan you wouldn't want to go anywhere near it. But you get no choice if you subscribe to that awful company: their football coverage WILL be biased (incredibly so) towards the vermin. You will hear nothing but rag idolatry, hero-worship for any current or former rag players, and a truly stomach-churning, almost reverential worship towards the club from all presenters and commentators.

Having not watched the virulent, toxic, and downright offensive broadcasting they appear to get away with for the best part of three decades, I have no idea if it has cleaned up its act or not since Kim Jong Pisscan's despotic reign ended, but I wouldn't put money it. In fact I'd say it has worsened, judging by what close friends say about it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.