Jamie Carragher

As Stephen Fry would often point out on QI, a fact is only a statement that is correct at the exact moment it is spoken or written. Five minutes later something completely contrary could be a fact.
To my mind a fact is proven and immutable, otherwise it is a theory.
Einstein would have verified this I believe.

Just because it’s proven it doesn’t have to be immutable to be a fact. I’d say the vast majority of facts aren’t immutable. And that’s a fact. Probably.

Just because it’s proven it doesn’t have to be immutable to be a fact. I’d say the vast majority of facts aren’t immutable. And that’s a fact. Probably.
I think that it is impossible to prove your stance one way or the other on this issue.
That is also a fact.

I think that it is impossible to prove your stance one way or the other on this issue.
That is also a fact.

It’s very possible. The time is NOW 1441. This can be proved by the time stamp connected to this post. The time in one minute will be 1442.

The FACT the time is NOW 1441 is not immutable. Fact.

Depends… in science, a theory has to be proven with evidence before it can be called a theory.

A theory is a fact until it is proven otherwise by new evidence and data that can prove a different outcome. An estimate or hypothesis is a pre-proven idea.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.