Jan Vertonghen

Also the fact Kompany would relish working with another Belgian centre half. It would be an amazing partnership.

Matty said:
Jonathan1979 said:
Who knows, we might actually qualify for a World cup for a change. :D
The Belgians should be looking to qualify for tournaments with the players at their disposal now. Kompany, Vermaelen, Vertonghen, Fellaini, Hazard, Defour, Lukaku, Courtois, Witsel etc are all really good quality players.

Lukaku .. you mean the guy who can't get a game for Chelsea when Torres hadn't scored in 20 hours and Drogba was away at ACON?

Matty said:
Jonathan1979 said:
Who knows, we might actually qualify for a World cup for a change. :D
The Belgians should be looking to qualify for tournaments with the players at their disposal now. Kompany, Vermaelen, Vertonghen, Fellaini, Hazard, Defour, Lukaku, Courtois, Witsel etc are all really good quality players.
GK: Curtouis, Mignolet, and Gillet
DF: Komps, Vermaelen, Vertonghen, Aiderweireld, Lomberts, Van der Borre
MD: Hazzard, Mertens, Defour, Witsel, De bryuene, Dembele, Chadli, Felliani, Martens,Ghannassay
FW: Lukaku, Ogunjimi, Vossen, Mirrallas

That Looks a cracking squad. And this is excluding the experienced guys.

Pardew steals march on rivals with personal check on Vertonghen
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew made a personal check-up on prime transfer target Jan Vertonghen in Ajax's weekend win in Holland.

The Dutch club's star defender and captain is high on the wish list of many of Europe's top clubs, including Arsenal and Manchester City, and is likely to cost around £10million this summer.

Pardew, though, has attempted to steal a march on his rivals by taking his seat in the stands at the Amsterdam Arena as Ajax beat Graafschap 3-1.

Vertonghen has suggested previously that he would prefer a move to Arsenal where he would partner international Thomas Vermaelen in the heart of a vastly improving defence.

He said: 'I have instructed my agent carefully. He knows which clubs I want to join and Arsenal are one of them.'

The Newcastle Evening Chronicle also claim fellow Belgium international Toby Alderweireld, who could also be an option for the Magpies with the player open to a move away from Ajax.

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2130430/Newcastle-manager-Alan-Pardew-watches-Jan-Vertonghen.html#ixzz1sCUouWWR" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z1sCUouWWR</a>

FantasyIreland said:
Pardew steals march on rivals with personal check on Vertonghen
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew made a personal check-up on prime transfer target Jan Vertonghen in Ajax's weekend win in Holland.

The Dutch club's star defender and captain is high on the wish list of many of Europe's top clubs, including Arsenal and Manchester City, and is likely to cost around £10million this summer.

Pardew, though, has attempted to steal a march on his rivals by taking his seat in the stands at the Amsterdam Arena as Ajax beat Graafschap 3-1.

Vertonghen has suggested previously that he would prefer a move to Arsenal where he would partner international Thomas Vermaelen in the heart of a vastly improving defence.

He said: 'I have instructed my agent carefully. He knows which clubs I want to join and Arsenal are one of them.'

The Newcastle Evening Chronicle also claim fellow Belgium international Toby Alderweireld, who could also be an option for the Magpies with the player open to a move away from Ajax.

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2130430/Newcastle-manager-Alan-Pardew-watches-Jan-Vertonghen.html#ixzz1sCUouWWR" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z1sCUouWWR</a>

They'll probably buy him for £10 million then sell sam williamson to liverpool for 20 million

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.