Jan Vertonghen

At that price we could buy him and recoup the costs from the sale of Savic, Boyata, Cunningham and Bridge and save on the wages. He could also play leftback allowing kola to leave. In fact if we get Martinez as well we could sell Kolo and DeJong and release Pizzaro and Hargreaves.

RB = Richards and Zab
LB = Clichy, Zab and Vertonghen.
CB = Kompany, Lescot, Martinez, Vertonghen
DMF = Martinez, Zab, Vertonghen

The net cost would be very little if anything

Mad 4 It said:
At that price we could buy him and recoup the costs from the sale of Savic, Boyata, Cunningham and Bridge and save on the wages. He could also play leftback allowing kola to leave. In fact if we get Martinez as well we could sell Kolo and DeJong and release Pizzaro and Hargreaves.

RB = Richards and Zab
LB = Clichy, Zab and Vertonghen.
CB = Kompany, Lescot, Martinez, Vertonghen
DMF = Martinez, Zab, Vertonghen

The net cost would be very little if anything

That kind of squad policy, thinking in terms of diversity, flexibility and versatility should be of paramount importance to club now when the financial rules really kicks in. It also should benefit players as rotation should not automatically mean you don't play enough. Just in different positions.

It all depends on if Mancini rates him, Mancini passed on him once already as well as Luiz, Cahill, and Coates... although signed Savic, a rare blemish in Mancini's transfer record here.

I've noticed not a lot of you know what kind of country Belgium really is. Vinnie is a french-speaker from Brussels if I'm not mistaken, a walloon is what they're called, and Vertonghen on the other hand is defo a dutch-speaking flemish. Now, the whole socio-economic situation in these different parts of the country is quite different; the flemish these days are well off and wouldn't want to support the walloon side. There's the language issue too. Plus the flemish and walloon basically hate each other.

I'm not a Belgian, my gf spent a couple months working there.

Stroszek said:
I've noticed not a lot of you know what kind of country Belgium really is. Vinnie is a french-speaker from Brussels if I'm not mistaken, a walloon is what they're called, and Vertonghen on the other hand is defo a dutch-speaking flemish. Now, the whole socio-economic situation in these different parts of the country is quite different; the flemish these days are well off and wouldn't want to support the walloon side. There's the language issue too. Plus the flemish and walloon basically hate each other.

I'm not a Belgian, my gf spent a couple months working there.
I'm Belgian. I don't know what the added value is of your comment.

Vinnie is from Brussels (don't compare them to walloons, they'd kill you for it :P ) Hazard is walloon tho.

By the way: the average richest part of Belgium: not the flemish part, but the German speaking part of Wallonie. Just trying to make things easier here. :P

Lol that's a very rash way of putting it.

We don't hate eachother at all. Belgium has always been a tiny and wealthy region where the European superpowers came to fight their wars. This caused a lot of cultural diversity in the whole country. I'm from Brabant, the region north of Brussels and I've got as much in common with someone from West-Flanders as someone from Wallonia even tho I speak the same language.

Kompany is from Brussels btw, a region on its own next to Flanders and Wallonia where they speak both Dutch and French. So he isn't a Walloon.
Anyway it's far more complicated than any foreigner can understand but the media is hyping it up as a new Yugoslavia which it absolutely isn't.

You're right tho with the whole socio-economic situation. Walloons and Flemish face different challenges and that's why a lot of Flemish want more autonomie for the Flemish region to tackle those challenges.

I for one want more responsibilities switched to the Regional government instead of the Federal government but would loath to see Belgium split.

Jonathan1979 said:
I don't know what the added value is of your comment.
What I wanted to say was that these guys having the same nationality doesn't necessarily mean they'll instantly get on really well with each other and understand each other. They may not even speak the same language (forgetting English, which I'm not sure whether Jan does speak).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.