Jan Vertonghen

sam-caddick said:
He will want to play every game and he will not get that at City!!

Surely he's not guaranteed to start at Arsenal either? Koscielny and Vermaelen have had fantastic seasons.

yankblue said:
I'd like to have another CB, but only as cover. If Vertonghen is ready to accept that role than okay, but like others have said Lescott was brilliant this year and I am loving his partnership with Vinnie

Vertonghen can play as a LB and a CDM though. So if he comes, that would cover quite a few slots. That way he might be getting some playing time after all, whether vinny and lescott play or not.

Jonathan1979 said:
yankblue said:
I'd like to have another CB, but only as cover. If Vertonghen is ready to accept that role than okay, but like others have said Lescott was brilliant this year and I am loving his partnership with Vinnie

Vertonghen can play as a LB and a CDM though. So if he comes, that would cover quite a few slots. That way he might be getting some playing time after all, whether vinny and lescott play or not.

He's certainly quality on the ball & I could imagine him sitting in front of our 2 CB's & being a real asset there, but getting mugged if he played CB,(well at least if he played difficult games in the CB position). He may be fine in some home games v lesser teams but imo, it could take a while for him to become a reliable Premier League central defender , it's a different world than Dutch or international football & we shouldn't be risking our title challenge on untried players when we already have the best defence in the country.

Arsenal so far:

------------------------Gk-------------------
Sagna----Vertonghen----Vermaelan--Gibbs
Chamberlain----------Song--------Wilshere
Walcott----------------RvP----------Podolski

That's a 3rd place squad still. Sadly for them they sold the difference makers this year.

alky313 said:
Arsenal so far:

------------------------Gk-------------------
Chamberlain----------Song--------Wilshere
Walcott----------------RvP----------Podolski

That's a 3rd place squad still. Sadly for them they sold the difference makers this year.

Just take that fella in the middle out

alky313 said:
Arsenal so far:
1ST 11

------------------------Polish bloke-------------------
Arteta----------Song--------Wilshere
Chamberlain----------------RvP----------Podolski

2ND 11

------------------------Almunia-------------------
Djourou----Mertasacker----Koscienly--Santos
Rosicky----------Diaby--------Ramsey
Walcott----------------Chamakh----------Gervinho

If they can get a lucky run with injuries and if the reports about them getting Dempsey are correct they could challenge for the title.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.