Jan Vertonghen

Arsenal may also sign M'Vila who would be another good signing for them. The problem is if they lose Van Persie those steps forward are instantly reversed unless they quickly find someone who can begin to match his goal scoring. Maybe Huntelaar would be a good signing for Arsenal.

Neville Kneville said:
MSP said:
If he's ready to sit on the bench for some time, than OK.

Lescott was one of the best and most consistent players this season, probably had better season than Kompany who was pretty bad in first month or two.

The anti Lescott campaign started by Moyes & Co has worked wonders.

Even some City fans seem to be blind to him, no matter how well he plays. It's as if they think the ball magically avoids our danger area on its own unless Vinny Kompany is on the end of it. It also never seems to be a problem when Vinny lumps the ball 40 yards into touch under no pressure, but every misplaced pass by Lescott is a crime.

I guess some brainwashed idiots just looking for faults......Lescott's having an amazing season.

Edwaardz said:
Yeah Arsenal tied up the deal this morning.

I may be wrong, but I don't believe this is true?

They are in talks with him but so are other clubs.

His agent seems to have confirmed that the 7mil fee has been confirmed with a number of clubs, not just Arsenal. So now its down to his preferences and the wages the clubs are prepared to offer him.
For 7mil, what are the odds that City has also made an offer, especially if Vertonghen turns out to be class like Clichy, our very own 7mil signing..

Kun Aguero said:
Raise the stakes City, make it £8,000,000 and a Curly Wurly.
Why is a curly wurly always the chocolate bar of choice for transfer bids? I've never seen anyone suggest anything else! What's so special about a curly wurly?

Kun Aguero said:
Raise the stakes City, make it £8,000,000 and a Curly Wurly.

Why would City need to raise the stakes if Ajax has already agreed on a 7mil fee with every club who want him? But City would need to give higher wages than other clubs and a guarantee of regular playing time to tempt him and tip the scales in our favour, seeing as his preference seems to be Arsenal..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.