January 2019 window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we should go for a defensive midfielder top and another that is a lower cost and that is a great substitute and for this position I suggest Abdoulaye Toure of Nantes, which is very strong physically, good pass, good field vision, He remembers Yaya a lot, but with more deployment to defend.

The league is much closer than I thought it would be thus far. We're far deeper than the opposition which should carry us through to the title. Still... I wonder if we're now more likely to spend in the Winter especially if the league remains as close as it is.

I agree, although with Brexit looming I think we are likely to spend in January, if the rules on signing EU players changes after Brexit then no one knows as yet what effect this will have on allowed transfers between clubs and competition in UEFA tournaments. I guess we should look at how it works in Switzerland, etc and the same should apply in England.

Honestly do not see any position where we are in desperate need.
A dm would be nice but I see this as a position Delph will play in and Zinchenko can cover as well, and completely own for years to come, when Fernandinho is done (but looked a complete monster who could run for hours on Wednesday).
Great position to be bringing through a couple of potentials from eds - not the most lauded position, but equally as important as any other position, in a winning team.(deffo dodged a bullet not signing fred the benchwarmer.)
New striker ... that Diaz lad does not look bad at all. Jesus will find his mojo with a run of games.
Defence wise 4 x more than competent options.
Lb/rb - great cover in place.
Midfield - Foden is the understudy for David and will just slot in by the time Dave leaves. Otherwise we have enough for next few years.
Gk - prob need an experienced prem keeper but not essential.
Conclusion is: Unless a really top class player is available at a bargain price we do not need to bother.

IMO for the team to kick on even further we need ...
1. Better RB because Walker is a poor decision maker and therefore stutters attacks (but at least is a good defender)
2. Better LB because Mendy is shambolic (but at least his crosses are excellent)
3. A DM to take over from Fernandinho (or could he just keep going till he’s 40)

It would seem ridiculous to replace Walker or Mendy (yet) and they might improve. Maybe we need a player who can excel as either a DM or full back. ( Just as Delph or Fernandinho can)

IMO for the team to kick on even further we need ...
1. Better RB because Walker is a poor decision maker and therefore stutters attacks (but at least is a good defender)
2. Better LB because Mendy is shambolic (but at least his crosses are excellent)

Ehm... out of genuine curiosity; could you name the defenders you have in mind, which would make us "kick on even further"? And you do realize, don't you, that we have the defensive record in the league AND the nr 2 assist maker in the entire league in Mendy? Not much room there to "kick on" from me the way I see it and pretty decent for playing one "poor" and one "shambolic" full back.
And when we have played Danilo and Zinchenko, well we still didn't loose, so I really don't see how full backs would be a priority this january.

If anything, we could do with a new #2 goalie, wouldn't know who would fit Pep's preferences though, and a pre-contract for a DM perhaps, to join us in the summer.

Ehm... out of genuine curiosity; could you name the defenders you have in mind, which would make us "kick on even further"? And you do realize, don't you, that we have the defensive record in the league AND the nr 2 assist maker in the entire league in Mendy? Not much room there to "kick on" from me the way I see it and pretty decent for playing one "poor" and one "shambolic" full back.
And when we have played Danilo and Zinchenko, well we still didn't loose, so I really don't see how full backs would be a priority this january.

If anything, we could do with a new #2 goalie, wouldn't know who would fit Pep's preferences though, and a pre-contract for a DM perhaps, to join us in the summer.
Oh ya I forgot that we need a number 2 but maybe Muric is the man.

We are one of the best passing teams ever but we still could be better and find better cogs in the machine. We are in a state of fine tuning which is great.

We don’t have to have a bad defense to want a better one. I have no idea who’s better than Walker so if we don’t sign a fullback that’s fine but it doesn’t mean that Walker is ideal for us.

Don't think we'll bring anyone in January, we might agree a deal for the summer, doubt they'll arrive in January.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.