January defenders

Not even Laporte get's a sniff under Dechamps and he's a top 2 CB in the world. Dechamps is a stubborn donkey who refuses to let go of mediocre players like Giroud, just to keep the "morale". He doesn't care about player qualities so not playing for France is not something to be mad about.
I agree about Laporte , to be fair though Deschamps did win a World cup.

I agree about Laporte , to be fair though Deschamps did win a World cup.
Winning a WC with that France squad is not really that big of an achievment. France's B team is probably a top 3 nation in the world, so not winning the WC with that squad would've been unaceptable. Heck even their C team are a genuine world cup contender.

It's because of France's ridicolous squad depth he can choose his "favourites" and neglect players like Laporte, Lacazette, Martial and Haller. Laporte and Varane is by far their best pairing. And Haller is like Giroud but better at absolutely everything. But Dechamps couldn't give a less of a shit because they're still winning.

He's still a national hero though because he's the first coach in a long time that has been able to unify all the strong personalities in the team, and of course the WC. Which is why toxic people like Benzema have been shipped as far away from the national team as humanly possible.

I would think Upamecano would be available for less than €50m if they aren't able to renew him before the summer window. They wouldn't want to lose him for nothing and €35m-€40m is still good money to be turning down.

Winning a WC with that France squad is not really that big of an achievment. France's B team is probably a top 3 nation in the world, so not winning the WC with that squad would've been unaceptable. Heck even their C team are a genuine world cup contender.

It's because of France's ridicolous squad depth he can choose his "favourites" and neglect players like Laporte, Lacazette, Martial and Haller. Laporte and Varane is by far their best pairing. And Haller is like Giroud but better at absolutely everything. But Dechamps couldn't give a less of a shit because they're still winning.

He's still a national hero though because he's the first coach in a long time that has been able to unify all the strong personalities in the team, and of course the WC. Which is why toxic people like Benzema have been shipped as far away from the national team as humanly possible.
Yes but many times the country with the best players hasn't won it, Just saying French fans won't really care who he leaves out if he wins it. Though your original point that players not making it into his team aren't necesarrily worse players than those in it is true.

That's all true but I can't help wonder if Garcia is tall enough to be truly great in our league. I know Cannavaro and Puyol were world class on the continent but English football still seems to be land of the giants in terms of opposition strikers. Can he be physically imposing enough at set pieces, etc?
Name a single striker in the Premier League who is a threat in the air and I bet there's not one who averages more than 5 goals a season with their head. It's not the 1920's, you and the majority of the forum place way too much emphasis on physicality in terms of strength and height. Football is now more pace, energy and intensity if you look at the top teams not just in England because across the world.

Name a single striker in the Premier League who is a threat in the air and I bet there's not one who averages more than 5 goals a season with their head. It's not the 1920's, you and the majority of the forum place way too much emphasis on physicality in terms of strength and height. Football is now more pace, energy and intensity if you look at the top teams not just in England because across the world.
Yes I would love to know the average height of the Center Backes of Liverpool, Bayern, Real, Barcelona, Juventus, Paris, Napoli, Inter etc ... If we wanted to buy a new CB that he is Garcia's height everyone would complain, but because he is an academy player (well not really) then his height is perfect

I'd rather see us give Garcia a go. Trust the lad, he has been excellent, if he played for another team abroad, many would be saying 'pay what it takes to get him here'. He just needs the games, the quality is there, the experience will come.

I'd say the same over other expensive defenders we've been linked with.
Let's be honest, we won't be saying that. Garcia is good. And has shown promise. But nothing he has done us world class or a head Turner. I'm sure there are young defenders all over Europe's too 5 leagues breaking into teams.

And we are not hearing anyone say get them here. I love Garcia, but if we can get this guy or the guy from Napoli. I'll be okay with it.

Besides Otamendi is done. So Garcia will get plenty play time in a 3 CB formation.

Let's be honest, we won't be saying that. Garcia is good. And has shown promise. But nothing he has done us world class or a head Turner. I'm sure there are young defenders all over Europe's too 5 leagues breaking into teams.

And we are not hearing anyone say get them here. I love Garcia, but if we can get this guy or the guy from Napoli. I'll be okay with it.

Besides Otamendi is done. So Garcia will get plenty play time in a 3 CB formation.

The guy we were talling about is barely 2 years older than Garcia, and here we (royal we) are, saying pay what it takes to get him here.

Quite a few things he has done have been world class, in given monents. And his performances overall were damn good. A few heads have certainly been turned.

Imho, he can do the job as cover, and could work up to being first choice. Signing a new player no matter how expensive, guarantees neither.

Yes I would love to know the average height of the Center Backes of Liverpool, Bayern, Real, Barcelona, Juventus, Paris, Napoli, Inter etc ... If we wanted to buy a new CB that he is Garcia's height everyone would complain, but because he is an academy player (well not really) then his height is perfect
Whil
The guy we were talling about is barely 2 years older than Garcia, and here we (royal we) are, saying pay what it takes to get him here.

Quite a few things he has done have been world class, in given monents. And his performances overall were damn good. A few heads have certainly been turned.

Imho, he can do the job as cover, and could work up to being first choice. Signing a new player no matter how expensive, guarantees neither.
True. Was just pointing out that we won't be all over Garcia. He is like 20 other 18 yesrolds getting mini tastes of 1st team action.

I like Garcia a lot. Think his positiioning is the best on the squad. But Upemacano has athletism out the Ying Yang. I'm not saying we definitely should. Just saying those qualities are what turn heads.

Garcia's excellent positiioning in few games aren't.

No, no they wouldn't. A good few would because it's the typical British stereotype of a big meathead centre back who can head it and kick it but the games completely different, we're completely different and what it takes to be a good centre back is completely different. Fernandinho is proving that right this very second; he's got the intelligence, pace and agility to play the position how we want him to play it. There's not a centre back around certainly in this country (Laporte and VVD excluded) who comes close to him.

The way we play restricts opponents to quick counter attacks, we concede very few headed goals from open play and very few from set pieces because we stop it at source. You can only do that if you've got centre backs who can play on the front foot and theres not many with that capability.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.