January defenders

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by Paul1970, 30 Sep 2019.

1. Dax777

Dax777

I'm fairly certain he is faster than all the guys in bold. I'm not sure how fast Cancelo is. But Eric is clearly in the tier after the speed demons of (Sane, Walker, Sterling).

There are highlights of him chasing down known fast players. But somehow City fans concocted up this Narrative of him being slow when we first bought him.

He is fast for a Centerback. Top end fast.

salfordbluetrue likes this.
  2. ctid1894

ctid1894

One word; BOLLOCKS.

3. Dax777

Dax777

Suit yourself. I provided the videos back when we signed him and this baseless claim cropped up. Can't be assed to do so now.

It's a free world. Believe what you want :)

4. PrezIke

PrezIke

When we signed him I recall Sid Lowe also stated that he is deceptively fast and really good at recovery /last ditch tackles even if he appears less quick than some think.

Here it is (at about 37:26):

Last edited: 8 Jan 2020
  5. salfordbluetrue

salfordbluetrue

buy Henry in January and leave till the summer. we have Angelino, mendy, and Zincky at LB but unfortunately we play a LWB system and none on those have the necessary pace to get forward and back that Walker has on the right, Angelino is gone in the summer and Mendy has until then to prove he is better than Zincky,
    As for CB there are a lot that could do a good job for us but if Dayot Upamecano can do at RCB what he does at LCB then that`,s the one for us

6. ctid1894

ctid1894

I watch the lad every week (until his injury), I don't need a video. I know you proclaim to be king scout and know everything about every player in world football but when I and 50k other blues watch him every week and we all think you're talking bollocks, it's because you're talking bollocks.

What next, Sterling can strike a ball as well as De Bruyne, look here's a video of two or three shots. Give it a rest fella.

Mabalsa Ricci likes this.
  7. Dax777

Dax777

Your Ad hominem attacks are boring. Don't worry yourself about what I think of myself. And for the record it's not you and 50k blues who think he is slow, it's just you!

Stop pretending the crowd agrees with you to make yourself feel better.

It is true that many thought he was slow too, until they saw him here. He has since shown he never was. That you hold on to your pre-existing opinion doesn't bother me. Like I said, it's a free world, believe what you want. . I'll try not to lose sleep over it :)

8. ctid1894

ctid1894

So I have pre-existing opinion because Bluemoon told me Laporte was slow before we signed him? I'm not sure how that quite works fella, given I joined the forum 6 months after he signed, but I won't lose any sleep over it :)

9. Ajm1985

Ajm1985

Laporte isn't slow at all

ctid1894 likes this.
  10. ctid1894

ctid1894

It's just Dax being Dax overreacting. All that has been said is Laporte isn't "frightening fast" which we all know he isn't, as a previous poster suggested we needed a centre back who was. I used Laporte as an example that the best centre backs don't need to be frightening fast, as long as they've got the tactical intelligence to play in our system.

bondsman likes this.