January defenders

It's just Dax being Dax overreacting. All that has been said is Laporte isn't "frightening fast" which we all know he isn't, as a previous poster suggested we needed a centre back who was. I used Laporte as an example that the best centre backs don't need to be frightening fast, as long as they've got the tactical intelligence to play in our system.
Wow! Just for the record, when you use quotation marks ("") it's generally assumed that you are quoting something verbatim. Not slyly changing your claim and pretending otherwise.

For example here is how you use quotes: "Laporte is not fast" Now that's a direct quote. You then listed of faster players. Its Its thatbli objected to. I contended he was faster than specific players on that list.

Then you attack me personally, use a made up quote, and continue to talk in term 'we' as if there is a multitude voting in agreement with you.

Like I said, we disagree. But it's easy to see which one of us is being dishonest with the atguy they are putting forward.

If it makes you feel better, I'll concede. He isn't fast. Hope this works for you :)

Wow! Just for the record, when you use quotation marks ("") it's generally assumed that you are quoting something verbatim. Not slyly changing your claim and pretending otherwise.

For example here is how you use quotes: "Laporte is not fast" Now that's a direct quote. You then listed of faster players. Its Its thatbli objected to. I contended he was faster than specific players on that list.

Then you attack me personally, use a made up quote, and continue to talk in term 'we' as if there is a multitude voting in agreement with you.

Like I said, we disagree. But it's easy to see which one of us is being dishonest with the atguy they are putting forward.

If it makes you feel better, I'll concede. He isn't fast. Hope this works for you :)
Agree with that, though he’s increasingly having to compensate for his drop in pace by adopting deeper positions. We desperately need a defender who is not only as technically proficient but also frighteningly fast over the turf.
What made up quote?

Looks like Umtiti and Koulibaly could be open to moves; we really should be all over at least one of these. Either would be an improvement on Otamendi and free up Fernandinho to go back in midfield.

Looks like Umtiti and Koulibaly could be open to moves; we really should be all over at least one of these. Either would be an improvement on Otamendi and free up Fernandinho to go back in midfield.
I suggested Umtiti here in the summer I think, but his injury record is ridiculous. He basically got no knees, new Ledley King

I am concerned Barca are trying to get Laporte? He's obviously our best CB.

I was looking to find who Laporte's agent is, since it's hidden on Transfermarkt, and some speculation elsewhere that several City player's agents were against the interests of the club? However that's another matter!

I came across an article on tribal football in February 2016 which revealed his agents are the newly formed management firm comprised of former Barca legends Charles Puyol and Ivan de la Pena. Before he joined us he said "to join Barca you are the envy of all".
https://www.tribalfootball.com/arti...is-superstar-agents-are-in-manchester-4116951
You would imagine Barca Legends would look to get him a transfer to Barca sometime, particularly as Barca are reported to be keen to recruit him?

He's got a contract until 2025 but Pep doesn't like to keep players who want to leave? I am not suggesting he's likely to go in January, but the possibility of him moving on may effect recruitment/ retention of CBs?

Last edited:
The same 'Barca legends' that got Eric Garcia far away from La Masia and to City as soon as they could?

Barca is a mess, there is no chance he is going.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.