January transfer/its quiet Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weigl has been really, really poor this season. Apparently he has been a bit better under the new manager but don't think he's really gotten back to the form he had pre-leg break and I'm not sure he's dynamic enough to play the base of midfield on his own. The links to him have certainly dried up.

Wouldn't hate it though
Don't think he is either.

Cant put my finger on what exactly it is about VVD but I just don't rate him as a quality centre half.

Cant put my finger on what exactly it is about VVD but I just don't rate him as a quality centre half.
He has a sluggish disposition. He is the defensive version of what Romario was back on the day.. Someone who seemed like he wasn't doing anything until he had to do something...

and then he doesn't do it anyway and leaves Forster to pick the ball out of his net.
I've always liked him.drom his days with Celtics. He is big tall fast strong and Athletic. And he can pass comfortably.

If you can't see how that skillset could excel in a Pep system, then Ok.

But I think most, including Pep, can.

Personally my only problem with him is his price tag. Anything of 50 million is a rip-off.

In my humble and clueless opinion :-)

We need 4 players, Left back, centre half, central midfielder as a Fernandinho alternative and a winger/striker. I anticipate us filling one of these positions at most in January though and the rest in the summer. That one position most likely being at centre back. He seems to have given up on Kompany, we simply can't rely on him. I'm a Mangala fan but Pep clearly has limited faith in him, Tosin is doing alright but isn't quite at the level at the minute, which leaves just Otamendi and Stones which as we've seen, one injury leaves us seriously lacking. I don't think he wants to risk being that weak in that position towards the end of the season.

All the rest can wait unless our prime targets are available which is unlikely. At left back, after the success of Delph, i think he'll stick with what we've got for now, Delph as 1st choice and if he were to become unavailable, Danilo and zinchenko as the alternatives. It could be a gamble too far trying to do what he's done with Delph to Zinchenko but i think we'll risk it.

I can't see a midfielder coming in either, he trusts Fernandinho's fitness and we've got Gundogan and Yaya as cover for now. Fernandinho will get more rest towards the end of the season to ensure he's available for the big games.

On the wings i don't see us adding, 1 injury to Sterling/Sane could leave us somewhat 1 dimensional and lopsided but it's not a priority right now and we can wait until the summer unless Sanchez is available at a cut price fee. Him being available for the champs league could sway Peps decision on that one though.

We really need to be giving Tosin more game time or how can he be expected to get to that next level?

I'm glad we aren't going for another LB. I like the differing skillsets of Mendy/Delph to give Pep two different options and I also feel Delph deserves to be at least second choice with how he is playing just now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.