January transfer window

The Man With The Stick said:
http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/behind-scenes-footballs-transfer-makers
About half way through this article, guy chats with Rob Newman, says he's adamant we won't be doing any business this Jan.
Soz if already posted

Interesting. He'd probably know better than anyone (besides the top chiefs), though Wyscout was in December, before Christmas, and plans could have changed since then.

George Hannah said:
Lescott stoking the fires in his post match interview. Very cagey - looks like he is on his way this window and that means a transfer in I think - maybe not a direct replacement either.

I'm going to miss that hair

I trust our owners and management. If there is a deal to be done with a top quality player in this window then fantastic. if not then lets keep our powder dry, perhaps lay down some foundations for deals to be done early in the Summer, bearing in mind there is a World Cup to be played and all the top players will be there.

The squad needs strengthening but if we have to wait until the summer then so be it.

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
I trust our owners and management. If there is a deal to be done with a top quality player in this window then fantastic. if not then lets keep our powder dry, perhaps lay down some foundations for deals to be done early in the Summer, bearing in mind there is a World Cup to be played and all the top players will be there.

The squad needs strengthening but if we have to wait until the summer then so be it.

More tweaking than strengthening

I'm not a man in a panic, nor am I a greedy guts who just wants us to sign players every window. Yet I do have concerns.

We are only 1 point ahead of Chelsea, we are both on a role and as I see it they have improved their weakest area. Matic is the strong mobile central midfielder they've needed since the decline of Essien.

With the one direction hair cut having racist leaving Chelsea in the summer they'll no doubt be sharing one or two defensive targets with us. We should if possible act now.

We saw what happens if we allow our rivals to strengthen and we don't. Some of our fringe are really stepping up now. Hopefully if Jovetic & Rodwell stay fit and Garcia continues to improve we should be fine. However, in what looks like it could be a great season, I don't think the word hopefully should be required.

I don't think we need 'galactico's' but at tweek here and there may just help.

Only my opinion mind.

I think Gundogan and a strong centre half should be out top priority this summer. I think Gundogan is perfect for our style.

I really hope we are looking into some defenders and a CM, the back ups aren't good enough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.