January transfers

There apears to be a big assumption that the owners are willing to spend another huge ammount next summer because any ffp sanctions will be lifted.

Yes, he is very very wealthy and has already spent several hundred million, but I'm sure the Sheik has a limit to his generousity. Are we becoming spoilt to the extent that we believe we can buy anyone because our owner is super rich?

At some point he will say, I have invested enough and dont want to spend any more.

mosssideblue said:
There apears to be a big assumption that the owners are willing to spend another huge ammount next summer because any ffp sanctions will be lifted.

Yes, he is very very wealthy and has already spent several hundred million, but I'm sure the Sheik has a limit to his generousity. Are we becoming spoilt to the extent that we believe we can buy anyone because our owner is super rich?

At some point he will say, I have invested enough and dont want to spend any more.

the point is that any spending we do from now is not directly out of his pocket. It would come from our revenue streams. But yes, you are right, he may decide to reap the profits and get the return on his investment

bluechampion7891 said:
mosssideblue said:

the point is that any spending we do from now is not directly out of his pocket. It would come from our revenue streams. But yes, you are right, he may decide to reap the profits and get the return on his investment

I wasn't trying to infer that he would draw stumps and I agree we will have to become self sufficient, it's just I get a feeling all the stellar names that are being mentioned as potential targets may not be affordable from our own pursestrings, even if we did manage to sell some players. ITime will tell I guess.

mosssideblue said:
bluechampion7891 said:
mosssideblue said:

I wasn't trying to infer that he would draw stumps and I agree we will have to become self sufficient, it's just I get a feeling all the stellar names that are being mentioned as potential targets may not be affordable from our own pursestrings, even if we did manage to sell some players. ITime will tell I guess.
true, although I do "expect" at least a net of 80-100 million spend should be possible

We will never have to spend like we once had to but I tend to think the owner will spend what is required to maintain a top club. And as long as we are having a go...

Hart
Zab..Komps..Mangala..#anyonebutclichy
Pjanic..Fern..Pogba
Silva..Kun..Reus

Azul Luna said:
g180aj said:
MeatHunterrr said:
OUT:
Jesus Navas
Stevan Jovotic
Gael Clichy
Edin Dzeko
Yaya Toure
Samir Nasri
Bacary Sagna
Scott Sinclair
Matija Nastasic
Martin Demichelis (looks like no extension)
Frank Lampard (loan expiry)
+ £25m Negredo

IN:
Marco Reus (LW)
Jay Rodriguez (RW)
Terrance Kongolo (LB)
Morgan Schniederlin (CM)
Youri Tielemans (CM)
Simon Kjaer (CB)
Nathaniel Clyne (RB)
Isco (AM)
Paco Alcacer (ST)
Alesandro Matri(ST)
Some fantasy football.....

Just a couple of changes

Kjaer the lad from Lille?
(Google isn't working)

Yes the lad from lille due to the fact that he had 2 solid performances against everton and lille seem to be pretty solid largely due to him.(he would only be as a back up mind)

Instant_Offense said:
We will never have to spend like we once had to but I tend to think the owner will spend what is required to maintain a top club. And as long as we are having a go...

Hart
Pjanic..Fern..Pogba
Silva..Kun..Reus
Which fern lol

Mcfchamps said:
Instant_Offense said:

Hart
Pjanic..Fern..Pogba
Silva..Kun..Reus
Which fern lol

At this point, does it matter?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.