January transfers

bluechampion7891 said:
City1974 said:
FredTilson said:
I think whats paramount is to get a LB and a CM to replace Clichy and Lampard. Preferably younger players.

I think we would need to sell Nastasic, Sinclair and probably Gudetti in January (although Celtic may well just continue on with his loan until the end of the season rather than attempt to buy in Jan to secure him for next year) to begin to fund any player purchase (probably only 1 player at most) and who would we get ? Not sure we would get any significant improvements until next summer.
this summer:

IN:
Mangala 40M euros
Fernando 15M euros
Willy 6M euros
Sagna free
Zuculini 2M euros
spend = 63M euros

OUT:
Rodwell: 10M pounds
Garcia: 12.8M pounds
Barry+loans for richards, guidetti etc = 1-2M pounds
sales = 30-33M euros

net spend: 30-33M euros
so if we are under restrictions we can bring in 1 30M euro player (23M pounds).

if we can sell 1 left back, sinclair and nastasic we could probably have another 10M pounds. so we could spend close to 40-42M euros on two decent players or we can get a top player if we want.

not sure if we have enough money to get both a lb and a cm. unless we want to skimp quality on one of the two

I think we might be getting £25m from Valencia for Negredo

bluestreak said:
bluechampion7891 said:
City1974 said:
I think we would need to sell Nastasic, Sinclair and probably Gudetti in January (although Celtic may well just continue on with his loan until the end of the season rather than attempt to buy in Jan to secure him for next year) to begin to fund any player purchase (probably only 1 player at most) and who would we get ? Not sure we would get any significant improvements until next summer.
this summer:

IN:
Mangala 40M euros
Fernando 15M euros
Willy 6M euros
Sagna free
Zuculini 2M euros
spend = 63M euros

OUT:
Rodwell: 10M pounds
Garcia: 12.8M pounds
Barry+loans for richards, guidetti etc = 1-2M pounds
sales = 30-33M euros

net spend: 30-33M euros
so if we are under restrictions we can bring in 1 30M euro player (23M pounds).

if we can sell 1 left back, sinclair and nastasic we could probably have another 10M pounds. so we could spend close to 40-42M euros on two decent players or we can get a top player if we want.

not sure if we have enough money to get both a lb and a cm. unless we want to skimp quality on one of the two

I think we might be getting £25m from Valencia for Negredo

30M euro if i am not mistaken. dont think we can count it for this year so it goes to the summer

We have the money but usually no one big moves clubs in Jan. I'd rather we save it for the summer and really sort our squad out with some huge world class signings.

I would love for us to sign Dybala in either jan or the summer but to be honest I just can't see it happening and he will prob end up at arsenal.

sam-caddick said:
LoveCity said:
Definitely think a striker is coming in, even if it's a loan deal. We have so little cover because Jovetic really isn't a striker, even though he could probably slot in having played there for Fiorentina.

Dybala at Palermo looks like he could be the next big thing, linked with Arsenal and we were apparently trying to sign him when he was in the Argentine 2nd division. He would be obtainable but very expensive (£20m+).

Luiz Adriano (currently CL top scorer) could be a good signing but Shakhtar have qualified for the CL knockouts.

And there are the Jay Rodriguez rumours of course. Not sure what to think of those but he would not be the worst backup striker (he's better than Balotelli anyway).

Maybe the wisest course would be to look for a loan deal until the summer if there's anyone half-decent available. One possibility is Teo Gutierrez with the Argie league ending soon, although he has a fiery temperament. But he is one of the best strikers in South America and could be available short-term. Dzeko should be back soon so whoever comes in might not play much unless Kun's hamstring goes again.

I don't think we need another striker but I do think we need a quick goal-scoring winger/ inside forward.

In regards to a striker though, I would like us to look for a long term replacement for Dzeko whom I believe will be sold if a decent offer gets put on the table next summer.

I would like us to be looking for the best young striker we can attain and from the top of my head going off this season it looks like these options so far:

England: Berahino, Kane.
France: Lacazette
Italy: Icardi, Dybala
Spain: ??
Bundesliga: ??
Portugal??

Paco Alcacer woule be a good signing, but Valencia don't need to sell, maybe someone like Bacca would be attainable, he's quick, aggressive and could potentially be a good foil for Aguero.

I would be surprised if we bough a left back in Jan. Kolarov will soon be fit again and unless we intend to sell Clichy surely anyone coming in will simply be a bench warmer for the next half of the season.

Could see a reason for buying Wilfred Bony with Dzeko off form and now injured and Jovetic still a wait and see , but then we would lose him straight away for the African Nations Cup, so surely if we wanted him better to wait until the summer ?

Also what has happened with Kelechi Iheanacho, not listed as a City player on the website. I thought after Oct we could sign him (if he is given a visa) ?

Also if Toure goes to the African Nations Cup and Lampard leaves end of Jan\mid Feb rather than early Jan will we not simply use Bruno Zucculini as backup in midfield as his Valencia deal has ended ?

It would seem better now to keep with this squad and wait until the summer, having in place a plan for targets straight off so we tie them up as early as possible in the summer. This is also a reason to stick with Pellegrini rather than waste time looking for a new manager and perhaps end up then losing sight of transfer targets in the summer.

Thus by the start of next season we should aim to have bought early, sold off players not wanted and deemed not quite good enough, ensure we meet FFP without any problems, and be all set for an exciting season with a new 55,000 capacity that will get filled with supporters organised better so the atmosphere has a chance to improve, and all eager to watch some key new signings added to our existing key players of Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, Silva and Aguero.

Guardian says we're after Alex Song among others
On the first day of Christmas the Rumour Mill gave to me: Manchester City are keen on 19-year-old Valencia full-back José Gayá , fancy a bit of Alex Song, want Monaco full-back Layvin Kurzawa and are willing to splash the cash on Swansea’s Wilfried Bony.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/dec/01/football-transfer-rumours-alex-song-man-city" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... g-man-city</a>

George Hannah said:
On the first day of Christmas the Rumour Mill gave to me: Manchester City are keen on 19-year-old Valencia full-back José Gayá , fancy a bit of Alex Song, want Monaco full-back Layvin Kurzawa and are willing to splash the cash on Swansea’s Wilfried Bony.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/dec/01/football-transfer-rumours-alex-song-man-city" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... g-man-city</a>
He's homegrown and would've been a decent option in the summer.

Bluewonder said:
George Hannah said:

He's homegrown and would've been a decent option in the summer.
if song really is HG then he may be a better (cheaper) option than schniderlin that we may be able to sell quickly too if we want to make space in the squad in the summer.

but will he go to afcon?

Alex Song would be another who brings absolutely nothing we don't already have. Another good, maybe very good player, of whom we have so many. We need better, the best, the elite if we're ever to reach the next level. This is a Rob Shepherd rumour from the Mail anyway and he is usually full of it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.